SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 FB Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

On 9/12/2022 at 2:50 PM, nodak651 said:

This.  Whatever happened to will call?  Can we order tickets over the phone and pick them up at the game without paying the ticket master fees?

I believe you can only avoid by buying at box office of the Ralph during the week or Alerus on game day (unless Alerus box office is open more now).

I believe phone orders must go through ticketmaster where you get fresh. 

Omaha's online ticketing system I believes run on ticketmaster similar to the student tickets at UND where it feels like a separate system built for them and doesn't charge added fees. I was surprised when I bought UND tickets at Omaha for like $15 face value and no fees 

On 9/14/2022 at 5:01 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Saturdays attendance at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Utah is making national news.

University of Utah investigating 2 female students who wore body paint as tops to football game
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/9/12/23349166/university-of-utah-female-students-body-paint-ute-football-game
As we’re watching this situation, I keep thinking, ‘OK, they’ve got to stop them, right? Like they’re not going to scan their tickets.’ And then they scan the tickets. They start letting them in. There’s a police officer standing there and I think ‘There’s no way he’s gonna let them in.’ And they just walked right past him,”

Photos or it never happened. ;) 

UPDATE: Well, ... NY Post has it, but they need to rethink the headline? ... Probing? :huh::0

Police probing topless women 

... Melea Johnson, ... claimed security guards just stared at the topless women as they walked in.

Yes, yes I'm sure they did. ;) :D 

On 9/14/2022 at 4:01 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Saturdays attendance at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Utah is making national news.

University of Utah investigating 2 female students who wore body paint as tops to football game
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/9/12/23349166/university-of-utah-female-students-body-paint-ute-football-game
As we’re watching this situation, I keep thinking, ‘OK, they’ve got to stop them, right? Like they’re not going to scan their tickets.’ And then they scan the tickets. They start letting them in. There’s a police officer standing there and I think ‘There’s no way he’s gonna let them in.’ And they just walked right past him,”

Who cares, we are all going to see them eventually. Just the sight of a boob is not lewd in my opinion. Hence why breastfeeding in public is not illegal. These prunes need to get over it!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

He's backwards.
The general admission bar would have larger live load. Bar on existing floor; mini-suites above. 

Well now that Axl Rose may be getting involved....I think it will happen!  Probably have specials on Night train in the bar. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

He's backwards.
The general admission bar would have larger live load. Bar on existing floor; mini-suites above. 

Honestly, this type of forward thinking is needed. 

it’s realistic to a certain degree

get some money and let’s build some suites on ground level and have the rails on both sides be general admission bars like the clubs at the Ralph …

big time potential if taken seriously 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

get some money and let’s build some suites on ground level 

They tried that already. Flopped because you couldn't see anything.

The catwalk suites idea is kind of fun, but not a chance it is wide enough there to pull it off. There's already a bottle neck trying to get through there before the game or at halftime.

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

The catwalk suites idea is kind of fun, but not a chance it is wide enough there to pull it off. There's already a bottle neck trying to get through there before the game or at halftime.

When did they try it?  I don't remember seeing anything back there ever, or any advertisement of it.

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Yeah, I don’t buy any of that. That’s the kind of dismissal that keeps UND football mediocre. When were there ever suites in the end zone at the Alerus? - Never 

Can’t see anything with ground level suites? ground level suits are a huge draw all over the country - both in college football and in professional football. It’s not all about sightlines; it’s about being in a suit with food and booze and you also would get great views when the teams are at the respective end zones. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yeah, I don’t buy any of that. That’s the kind of dismissal that keeps UND football mediocre. When were there ever suites in the end zone at the Alerus? - Never 

Can’t see anything with ground level suites? ground level suits are a huge draw all over the country - both in college football and in professional football. It’s not all about sightlines; it’s about being in a suit with food and booze and you also would get great views when the teams are at the respective end zones. 

There was a suite in the southeast corner for at least one year along the east wall.  I believe it had a Coors tie-in.   

I don't know how it was rented (or not) but during the HOF or homecoming weekend I was down in that corner.  The hockey team alums had it rented one time and the women's basketball alums had it the other time.  I don't think they could see anything. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

There was a suite in the southeast corner for at least one year along the east wall.  I believe it had a Coors tie-in.   

I don't know how it was rented (or not) but during the HOF or homecoming weekend I was down in that corner.  The hockey team alums had it rented one time and the women's basketball alums had it the other time.  I don't think they could see anything. 

Cant see anything from the bars in the Ralph either. 

On 9/16/2022 at 5:25 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, there was absolutely a "field level" suite set-up a few years back. It was somewhere between the goal line and the 15 yard line on the home side set back against the stands on the south end of the field.

There's definitely no room for end zone suites on the south end, maybe you could squeeze one or two in on the north end somewhere.

I'm all for figuring something out with the catwalk. Like was previously mentioned, they tried to do something with the "Peterson Porch" idea, but I don't think that has worked out quite as well as planned. I know some people who rented the corner area for a game last year and though it was fine but again, probably didn't work on the way they had hoped. It does look like you can buy tickets in the south catwalk now though. $50/game, which is a lower price point than what they tried selling the season tickets for.