SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 FB Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

• 2 weeks later...

We need to

Squirrels will stop at nothing to get into their nuts in ...

Crack that nut for --->     WINNING ON THE ROAD

This team is good enough be in the FCS STAT Top 25 every week.
Need W's on the road to get a BYE in post season play.

We have never lost in Youngstown - last played there in 1961.
What a good place to start to fix one of our bigger challenges, road W's.

Spoiler alert!     Winning fixes lots of stuff.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Q: Why only the Ralph? 
A: Laziness.

UND athletics and marketing only has time for one sport, and it’s not the most popular collegiate sport in the country …

there’s no question that UND athletics marketing should be promoting package deals, because until the Alerus is being sold out for games, you keep doing everything in your power to increase exposure to the product and have someone in each and every seat in the building. Not rocket science, it’s marketing 101. 

But again, UND athletics, lazy. 

One small difference IMO, The Ralph sells out most games. The ones that aren't sold out at regular price they offer at a discount to fill the seats,(4 or 5 games a year?).  If the Alerus has to discount tickets every game because of no sell outs, season ticket holders will stop buying their season tickets and just buy them per game because its so much cheaper.  Again, JMO. 

12 minutes ago, ToDaClub said:

One small difference IMO, The Ralph sells out most games. The ones that aren't sold out at regular price they offer at a discount to fill the seats,(4 or 5 games a year?).  If the Alerus has to discount tickets every game because of no sell outs, season ticket holders will stop buying their season tickets and just buy them per game because its so much cheaper.  Again, JMO. 

why do they sell out games? Think higher order.

The Ralph is the Ralph. $100M facility (in 2001), but also, don’t forget, REA Inc. plays a major role in marketing and promoting the facility.

Alerus Center and UND football has Spectra Venue Management  …

UND athletics is the common denominator between REA and Alerus … laziness towards one sport, effort towards another. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Q: Why only the Ralph? 
A: Laziness.

UND athletics and marketing only has time for one sport, and it’s not the most popular collegiate sport in the country …

there’s no question that UND athletics marketing should be promoting package deals, because until the Alerus is being sold out for games, you keep doing everything in your power to increase exposure to the product and have someone in each and every seat in the building. Not rocket science, it’s marketing 101. 

But again, UND athletics, lazy. 

Must not be very popular to go to hockey games anymore if they are having to sell tickets for $10!!!!!

8 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

why do they sell out games? Think higher order.

The Ralph is the Ralph. $100M facility (in 2001), but also, don’t forget, REA Inc. plays a major role in marketing and promoting the facility.

Alerus Center and UND football has Spectra Venue Management  …

UND athletics is the common denominator between REA and Alerus … laziness towards one sport, effort towards another. 

But the Ralph gets all the money from football tickets so why not try and promote it…… because they don’t care…….

They sell out games because northern North Dakota and northern Minnesota love hockey and UND succeeds at that.  When was the last time GF teams won state high school hockey?  Or better, how many times have they lost the state hockey tournament in the last 20 years or more. Now ask the same question about Red River or Central Football.  Its a hockey community.  Could they do a better job trying to get people to football games?  I 100% agree. But its an afterthought for people on what am I going to do with the family this weekend. Just so you know, I have season tickets to football, hockey, mens bball, and womens bball.  I'm a sports nut, that's why I have hung around this website for almost 20 years. 

I exaggerated, it's only 15 years

9 minutes ago, ToDaClub said:

They sell out games because northern North Dakota and northern Minnesota love hockey and UND succeeds at that.  When was the last time GF teams won state high school hockey?  Or better, how many times have they lost the state hockey tournament in the last 20 years or more. Now ask the same question about Red River or Central Football.  Its a hockey community.  Could they do a better job trying to get people to football games?  I 100% agree. But its an afterthought for people on what am I going to do with the family this weekend. Just so you know, I have season tickets to football, hockey, mens bball, and womens bball.  I'm a sports nut, that's why I have hung around this website for almost 20 years. 

Last time for gfc or gfrr hockey

they won every year last 5-6 yesrs

58 minutes ago, ToDaClub said:

Football is just as popular as hockey, but I agree, Grand Forks and other northern ND/MN communities are naturally better at hockey than football due to limited competition. Folks love a winner (in football, basketball, and hockey) and congregate to it. 

It’s also why a bunch of folks from northern Minnesota and North Dakota drive past Grand Forks to Fargo … football, winning. 

UND missing out on an opportunity, but been doing it for years (decade plus). During the latter DII days, UND captured a lot of those fans by being better in football than Moo U.

• Upvote 3