SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 FB Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

11 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Actually, the athletic department, the alumni office, the chamber of commerce, city and county leaders, the faculty, and the local and regional media can all be part of a concerted effort to improve and publicize UND events and other local events. We can find lots of people to blame but maybe involving the stakeholders could help. 

Good points. Can't disagree with them.

Been thinking about this.

I enjoy watching on tv almost as much as being at the game - and tv is much more convenient and takes less time. I tend to watch other games during timeouts and always have beer and food available.

the money isn’t a factor but travel time does add a few hours along with a little more planning 

I had season tickets for four or five years and never went to all of the games in any year. The last two years I went to a total of three games out of ten or so games.

there are a lot of other activities in the fall. In my case it’s weddings, traveling to see my kids and grandkids, at times working my job factors in. Being at Saturday football games never became a priority in my family- though for me it would have been more than others in my family. We never got into tailgating and never hooked up with anyone who had a tailgating spot. And, there are maybe three or four games where the weather cooperates.

I can actually follow the game easily and better on tv. If we play ugly I can just switch the channel and move on.

I actually like the game atmosphere at the Alerus. Sad to hear that it appears all of the standing space has been eliminated. 

Just my random thoughts 

5 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Been thinking about this.

I enjoy watching on tv almost as much as being at the game - and tv is much more convenient and takes less time. I tend to watch other games during timeouts and always have beer and food available.

the money isn’t a factor but travel time does add a few hours along with a little more planning 

I had season tickets for four or five years and never went to all of the games in any year. The last two years I went to a total of three games out of ten or so games.

there are a lot of other activities in the fall. In my case it’s weddings, traveling to see my kids and grandkids, at times working my job factors in. Being at Saturday football games never became a priority in my family- though for me it would have been more than others in my family. We never got into tailgating and never hooked up with anyone who had a tailgating spot. And, there are maybe three or four games where the weather cooperates.

I can actually follow the game easily and better on tv. If we play ugly I can just switch the channel and move on.

I actually like the game atmosphere at the Alerus. Sad to hear that it appears all of the standing space has been eliminated. 

Just my random thoughts 

I hope you give your tickets to others so they can go, I’m sure any youth organization would take them 

2 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

would say that our ticket prices aren’t the problem 

Face value, I agree.  TM fees on the other hand?  For people who don't attend a lot of events, and are looking to stretch their entertainment dollar, watching a $20 ticket magically turn into a $26 (or more) ticket can be rage-inducing.  I know some people prefer transparency, which is why the base price is shown to begin with, but the ticketing industry needs to be launched into space and we need to start fresh.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Face value, I agree.  TM fees on the other hand?  For people who don't attend a lot of events, and are looking to stretch their entertainment dollar, watching a $20 ticket magically turn into a $26 (or more) ticket can be rage-inducing.  I know some people prefer transparency, which is why the base price is shown to begin with, but the ticketing industry needs to be launched into space and we need to start fresh.

This.  Whatever happened to will call?  Can we order tickets over the phone and pick them up at the game without paying the ticket master fees?

On 9/10/2022 at 8:50 PM, UND1983 said:

Open up at least one catwalk end.  Both were covered with empty chairs and empty media area, so stupid.  The media is up in press box.

This.  Imagine if the REA tarped off the view of the ice directly behind the club seating on either end of the arena.  And how would that affect the REA fan experience and attendance?  What the Alerus did with the bridge decks is the equivalent to that, and it's just as stupid as it sounds to tarp off the REA bar...  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, AJS said:

I would set the ticket prices for the end zone sections at 1/2 of the others, which I think would be $12.50. 

End zones are the best seats back in the day. 

where all the drinkers hungout as it was easy access 

and we got loud 

ask chavon Mackey lol

I remember a conversation I had with a visiting PK from the catwalk. He was right hash and not much more than an EP for FG. Muss (yes, Muss) iced him. I started barking him to not shank it, not "open the club face" (golfer term), and he < ahem> "acknowledged" me. 

Snap. Spot. Kick.

Wide right, and right at me. (Yup, he opened the club face and shanked it!) Didn't pay for a beer the rest of that game. :D 

Make the catwalks SRO for the first eight feet from the fence; the rest can be walkway across. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Would like to see a ticket exchange for those with tickets not attending to give tickets back to UND and have them give to kids , make 1 section for these.

give up to 4 tickets with 1 paying adult. Use the end zone seats for these. Limit1 time per year to a family.  Maybe they would start  coming to games 

the seats that were donated back, usually on the home side season ticket holders could be sold again.

costs UND nothing and they sell 1 extra ticket for each 4 given away plus make on concessions.

‘I sit on visitor side and see many empty seats that are sold but they didn’t attend.

why let sold seats go unused .

22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I remember a conversation I had with a visiting PK from the catwalk. He was right hash and not much more than an EP for FG. Muss (yes, Muss) iced him. I started barking him to not shank it, not "open the club face" (golfer term), and he < ahem> "acknowledged" me. 

Snap. Spot. Kick.

Wide right, and right at me. (Yup, he opened the club face and shanked it!) Didn't pay for a beer the rest of that game. :D 

Make the catwalks SRO for the first eight feet from the fence; the rest can be walkway across. 

We use to get in jawing matches with all the olayas

the worst those was chavon mackey and the und fans going back and forth

prettybsure j swag may have had a few convos also

On 9/10/2022 at 8:50 PM, UND1983 said:

Open up at least one catwalk end.  Both were covered with empty chairs and empty media area, so stupid.  The media is up in press box.

I used to buy a ticket with no intention of sitting in my seat. Seats are not made for people that are 6 foot 4. And even worse if you carry a few extra pounds.

If the end zone(cat walk) situation remains the same I don't see myself attending many if any games in the near future unfortunately.

Trying to justify buying $50 ticket when I would prefer to stand for $25.

• Like 2

Saturday game at Flagstaff, Arizona.
Lumberjacks of the Big Sky Conference.

Northern Arizona University (NAU) is a public research university based in Flagstaff, Arizona. It was founded in 1899 as the final public university established in the Arizona Territory, 13 years before Arizona was admitted as the 48th state.
Enrollment 28,000+

Walkup Skydome with Astro Truf

Capacity 11,230

Tweets with replies by Alec Fitz Wyble-Meza (@therealalecmeza) / Twitter

On 9/12/2022 at 2:50 PM, nodak651 said:

This.  Whatever happened to will call?  Can we order tickets over the phone and pick them up at the game without paying the ticket master fees?

A lazy athletic department decided to farm out ticketing and let the fans eat the extra charges.  

Saturdays attendance at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Utah is making national news.

University of Utah investigating 2 female students who wore body paint as tops to football game
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/9/12/23349166/university-of-utah-female-students-body-paint-ute-football-game
As we’re watching this situation, I keep thinking, ‘OK, they’ve got to stop them, right? Like they’re not going to scan their tickets.’ And then they scan the tickets. They start letting them in. There’s a police officer standing there and I think ‘There’s no way he’s gonna let them in.’ And they just walked right past him,”