SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 FB Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

13 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

I get that hockey is playing Denver and that it will always be bigger in GF but it is so dissapointing that there will be a bigger crowd at that game tonight and a full student section.
This was basically a playoff game, win and you’re in, and we can’t even get 10k. Not to mention it was against a local school in USD. This team deserves better.

Student section wasn’t full at hockey last night. Lots of empty seats through out the arena. Cold weather, very limited tailgating,  and the distance to the Alerus from campus hurt student attendance. Travel issues from the west also hurt overall attendance. Hard to get that bandwagon warmed up enough to compensate. If we can get into the playoffs and a home game, we need to make sure students have easy access to buses to and from game, a free student parking area and some sort of organized pregame or postgame activities. 

• Upvote 1

Hawks in Fargo vs NDSU 11-19-22.

Founded as North Dakota Agricultural College - NDAC
in 1890 as the state's land-grant university.

Aggies
Bison

2022  enrollment 12,242  on 8 year decline

https://www.ndsu.edu/data/enrollment/annual/

U is on 258 acres with over 100 major buildings.
Further north is an area of athletic facilities.
The Research and Technology Park is 55 acres.
NDSU owns several buildings downtown.
Research extension centers across the state / 18,488 acres;

Carrington, Casselton, Dickinson, Fargo, Hettinger, Langdon, Minot, Streeter, and Williston.

FB game at the Dome @ 2:30 Saturday
Fargodome - Fargo, ND | Tickets, 2022-2023 Event Schedule, Seating Chart

13 minutes ago, johnsowe said:

Really you are not crossing the desert.

I agree but some of our group walked back to the Hilton Garden Inn during second half sometime.  I know, I know, but they were up in GF for other reasons and decided to watch part of the game.  

They spent 30 minutes waiting for the train tracks to clear so they could cross. 

3 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I agree but some of our group walked back to the Hilton Garden Inn during second half sometime.  I know, I know, but they were up in GF for other reasons and decided to watch part of the game.  

They spent 30 minutes waiting for the train tracks to clear so they could cross. 

You kind of "get hung out to dry" when the train surprises you.
Sometimes they're just sitting there and then all of a sudden move.

NDSU vs. UND football at the Fargodome on Saturday (valleynewslive.com)

The North Dakota Fighting Hawks and North Dakota State Bison will kick off at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 19. This is the last regular season home game for the Bison.

Fans who don’t have a reserved tailgating spot can start lining up at 5:00 p.m. on Friday along the southside of 17th Avenue North. Vehicles must be attended at all times. Law enforcement and event staff will be on site Friday to help with lineup.

Fargodome General Manager Rob Sobolik says Saturday’s game is sold out but they are prepared with adequate staff

Weber State University 
Ogden, Utah

Undergraduates28,685 (Fall 2020)
Postgraduates911 (Fall 2020)

Wildcats
Purple & White
Charter member of the Big Sky, 1962.

Weber State University was founded by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as the Weber Stake Academy in 1889. "Weber" comes from the name of the county where the university is located.
1933, Weber College became a state-supported junior college.  1954, the college moved from its downtown location in Ogden to a bench area of the city.[8] The school became Weber State College in 1962, and in 1964 became a four-year college. Gained university status in 1991.

Stewart Stadium | Weber State Athletics

1 minute ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Yeah what an awful showing by them. Crowd was absolutely not a factor or did it add to the student athlete experience.  Is it a Mormon thing today than prevented them from attending?  

It's Thanksgiving weekend....students are gone...numbers will be small at many games....other than probably Montana.   

29 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

It's Thanksgiving weekend....students are gone...numbers will be small at many games....other than probably Montana.   

If you are watching any of the otjer games today.. all of the attendance sucks..  it’s like watching any hockey regional except for the ones UND is in :)

I guarantee we would have had better attendance at the alerus than the majority of these games.