SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 FB Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

MVFC teams coming to the Alerus for a third conference season. 
Should be an attendance building season, after taking the virus hit last year with 2 seasons in the one calendar year.

Season opener Saturday @ Nebraska.
Then the over rated (pollster loved) Northern Iowa Panthers @ the Alerus.

I moved to section 214 last year, as the student section is on the N end of visiting side ~ between 30 yard line and back of end zone.

Hopefully there will be plenty fans in the stands, including students this season. 

Nebraska lost last weekend and this is North Dakota's first game of the season. 
Saturday 9-3-22.

University of Nebraska

Established 1869

Public land-grant research university
Students 24,431 (Fall 2021)
Undergraduates 19,552 (Fall 2021)

Memorial Stadium (Lincoln) - Wikipedia

Memorial Stadium at Tom Osborne Field
(capacity: 85,458
record: 91,585

Since 1994, Nebraska's home games have opened with the "Tunnel Walk". Just before kickoff, Memorial Stadium plays "Sirius" as the Huskers take the field from the northwest tunnel. Immediately before the Tunnel Walk, the west side of Memorial Stadium yells "Husker" in unison, while the east side responds with "Power.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Should be an attendance building season, after taking the virus hit last year with 2 seasons in the one calendar year.

I moved to section 214 last year, as the student section is on the N end of visiting side ~ between 30 yard line and back of end zone.

Hopefully there will be plenty fans in the stands, including students this season. 

I agree except the overall avg will probably be impacted by the Abaline Christian game, which takes place the same day UND plays ASU in Vegas.  Curious what attendance will be for that game.  If UND has a good showing against Nebraska, I'll be disappointed if the UNI game doesn't sell out. 

5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I agree except the overall avg will probably be impacted by the Abaline Christian game, which takes place the same day UND plays ASU in Vegas.  Curious what attendance will be for that game.  If UND has a good showing against Nebraska, I'll be disappointed if the UNI game doesn't sell out. 

I'm curious to hear what the season tickets sales are? 
Need to win games to really help build attendance.

FYI, attendance is not only important because of home field advantage and ticket revenue, but with better attendance, UND also gets a larger cut of concessions profit. 

5.3.6. Share of Concessions Revenue.
(1)    The Commission will pay to UND a percentage of the Net Profit
from Concessions from each Home Game, which percentage is dependent on the scanned
number of tickets for such Home Game. The percentage of the Net Profit from Concessions is as
follows:

(a)    10% for each Home Game where the number of tickets
scanned for attendance is equal to 8,499 or less
(b)    15% for each Home Game where the number of tickets
scanned for attendance is at least 8,500 but less than 9,501;
(c)    20% for each Home Game where the number of tickets
scanned for attendance is at least 9,501 but less than
10,501;
(d)    25% for each Home Game where the number of tickets
scanned for attendance is 10,501 or more.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

FYI, attendance is not only important because of home field advantage and ticket revenue, but with better attendance, UND also gets a larger cut of concessions profit. 

from Concessions from each Home Game, which percentage is dependent on the scanned
number of tickets for such Home Game. The percentage of the Net Profit from Concessions is as
follows:

10,501;

You can buy a case of beer for about $1 per bottle and they charge $7 a bottle?

think the sharing could be a little better

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

follows:

10,501;

Interesting because there has been a few times when the line is long that I have seen them wave fans in without scanning their tickets. 

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Interesting because there has been a few times when the line is long that I have seen them wave fans in without scanning their tickets. 

I've seen them wave people up to a less busy line, but I've never seen anyone go by without a scan.

• Upvote 1

I am taking that shuttle bus..I called the football office. She was very helpful. Then I called the shuttle service. I will be at the pick up site closest to the freeway. $15 cash for a two way ticket; nothing larger than a $20. I will still walk quite a distance…but not as far as if I tried to park. Can’t wait. Section 16 row 14…end zone. GO UND

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This game in Lincoln could be the biggest FB crowd I've been a part of?
Attendance could be at mid to upper 80k's.

That'll beat any of the Viking gamesss I've been at:
Metropolitan Stadium
Hubert Humphery Metrodome
TCF Bank Stadium (UM campus)
US Bank Stadium

Me too…I saw The Eagles and Jimmy Buffett at Target Field…not sure of the crowd. I read somewhere there are long lines for food at the game….hope they have enough woman’s restrooms…

On 8/30/2022 at 11:44 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

First 2 home games are what should be great match ups between top MVFC teams in UNI and Missouri State.  Win those two games and come out of that first 5 games 3-2 or even better and the crowd(both in terms of attendance and energy) for SDSU and beyond should be fantastic.  Its almost time for some Fighting Hawk football!

• Upvote 2

On 8/30/2022 at 10:02 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Nebraska lost last weekend and this is North Dakota's first game of the season. 
Saturday 9-3-22.

University of Nebraska

Established 1869

Public land-grant research university
Students 24,431 (Fall 2021)
Undergraduates 19,552 (Fall 2021)

Memorial Stadium (Lincoln) - Wikipedia

Memorial Stadium at Tom Osborne Field
(capacity: 85,458
record: 91,585

Since 1994, Nebraska's home games have opened with the "Tunnel Walk". Just before kickoff, Memorial Stadium plays "Sirius" as the Huskers take the field from the northwest tunnel. Immediately before the Tunnel Walk, the west side of Memorial Stadium yells "Husker" in unison, while the east side responds with "Power.

Here are some pics of the tunnel they walk out of. Summer of 2015 I was in Lincoln for a work trip and the owners son was a freshman on the team. We were close to the stadium so he had his son run me over one afternoon and gave me a tour of their facilities and go out on the field. Thought I would share some pics after you mentioning the tunnel reminded me of walking out on it. 

Screenshot_20220831-122325.png

Screenshot_20220831-122354.png

Screenshot_20220831-122114.png

Screenshot_20220831-122246.png

Screenshot_20220831-122439.png

Screenshot_20220831-122127.png

Screenshot_20220831-122218.png

Screenshot_20220831-122303.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 8/31/2022 at 7:14 AM, Mama Sue said:

Me too…I saw The Eagles and Jimmy Buffett at Target Field…not sure of the crowd. I read somewhere there are long lines for food at the game….hope they have enough woman’s restrooms…

Glad to hear you don’t mind standing  in line as opposed to finding the nearest sidewalk

have fun at the game

looking forward to watching next weekend in Grand Forks 

On 8/31/2022 at 1:47 PM, Sioux94 said:

Here are some pics of the tunnel they walk out of. Summer of 2015 I was in Lincoln for a work trip and the owners son was a freshman on the team. We were close to the stadium so he had his son run me over one afternoon and gave me a tour of their facilities and go out on the field. Thought I would share some pics after you mentioning the tunnel reminded me of walking out on it. 

Screenshot_20220831-122325.png

Screenshot_20220831-122354.png

Screenshot_20220831-122114.png

Screenshot_20220831-122246.png

Screenshot_20220831-122439.png

Screenshot_20220831-122127.png

Screenshot_20220831-122218.png

Screenshot_20220831-122303.png

Brings back some memories of football camp there! Thanks for sharing!

• Upvote 1