SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 FB Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

20 minutes ago, ToDaClub said:

For the record, why aren't we complaining about not promoting men's and women's basketball? We may have the most exciting freshman coming in to the mens program in years.  And that says alot. 

Need facility and coaching salary upgrades. Also, hard to retain good players with new transfer rules. Not like the DII days.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ToDaClub said:

Yes but I was saying that some people have a problem with hockey getting all the attention.  There's a reason.  I'll go back to reading as opposed to posting.    :whistling:

Sorry didn’t mean for it to seem like I was criticizing for being the wrong thread. Was actually doing it so I wouldn’t get yelled at for continuing the topic :D

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Need facility and coaching salary upgrades. Also, hard to retain good players with new transfer rules. Not like the DII days.

Makes me think of Alabama.  "The football coach is making multimillions a year.  That's more than all the other coaches combined!"

Everyone plays by the same rules for salary and transfers.  I would argue that we have some of the best facilities in our conference for 90% of our sports.  Ok maybe 80%  golf, soccer and women's softball may suffer do to our climate. 

17 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND athletics and marketing only has time for one sport, and it’s not the most popular collegiate sport in the country …

:silly:

Single-game tickets can be purchased at https://ticketmaster.com, by visiting the UND Ticket Office at Ralph Engelstad Arena or at the Alerus Center Box Office. Single-game tickets for adults begin at $25 for seats in the end sections and go up to $30 for seats in the middle sections. All ticket prices for youth are $12.

Discounted prices are also available for military members with proof of service with a military I.D. and are available for $5 per contest. The Military Appreciation Game between North Dakota and South Dakota on Nov. 12 will be free for all military members with proof of a military I.D.

Jr. Champions can also purchase tickets throughout the season for $5 with membership card, while student football tickets are free and can be redeemed through a student's Green and White Account. For more information on student tickets, visit FightingHawks.com/Students.

Saturday, Sept. 10 vs. Northern Iowa (Potato Bowl) | 3 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 1 vs. Missouri State (Hall of Fame/Homecoming) | 12 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 22 vs. South Dakota State (#SetTheExpectation | Family Weekend) | 3 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 29 vs. Abilene Christian (Youth Day) | 3 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 12 vs. South Dakota (Senior Day/Military Appreciation) | 12 p.m.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

:silly:

And how are people supposed to find this?

posted once on a UND site isn’t marketing

need this online and in the paper before each home game and radio ads 

not rocket science 

the herald used to have a game day page on game day, I can’t find that anymore either , what happened there ?

• Like 3

Junior Champions Club gets a flyer with that information when they sign up.

Along with being released at the start of the season, all the promo ticket stuff is shown on the Football Ticket information page on their website. https://fightinghawks.com/sports/2022/8/2/football-promotions-schedule.aspx
If it is anything like the past, they will advertise that each games promo the week before and week of the game, exactly like they did for hockey.

And if anyone bothered to take a look (hint: they didn't), they are offering 4 tickets for $20 and up to 5 add-ons for $5 each for the football game against ACU for Youth weekend. So just to be clear, the marketing staff already had the exact same ticket promo in place that is being advertised for hockey (just cheaper).  And no, they aren't going to actively market it a month ahead of time when there is still a home game in between. But I would guess there will be more than one announcement of the special at the next home game.

• Upvote 2

I see in the herald they are advertising the $10 ticket promo for hockey this weekend

do they do that for football the week of a game?

where was the acu advertisement  and when ?

you need to make it easy for people to find just like in the herald this week 

2 hours ago, Kab said:

And how are people supposed to find this?

posted once on a UND site isn’t marketing

need this online and in the paper before each home game and radio ads 

not rocket science 

the herald used to have a game day page on game day, I can’t find that anymore either , what happened there ?

This could be heavily marketed online for under $2,000 / month and consider we are looking at a five month season, tops. $10,000 in total marketing could easily generate a positive return in ticket sales over an entire season. Social media (multiple platforms), programmatic display (target people in the area based off of their preferences and interests) and a small search budget on Google. So simple but effective.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Kab said:

I see in the herald they are advertising the $10 ticket promo for hockey this weekend

do they do that for football the week of a game?

where was the acu advertisement  and when ?

you need to make it easy for people to find just like in the herald this week 

Yes, they are marketing for the hockey game this weekend.
I would fully expect them to do the same for football when the time comes. If they don't, criticism will be justified.
But right now, people are complaining that they aren't running the same promo as hockey when they literally already have it planned along with the year-long Jr. Champions Club and the Military appreciation. I'll give them a pass for not running anything "special" for the home opener/Potato Bowl and Homecoming. Those games typically have solid turnouts and you can only discount your product so much before those that are already paying for it start to question their investment.

On 10/4/2022 at 7:45 PM, ToDaClub said:

For the record, why aren't we complaining about not promoting men's and women's basketball? We may have the most exciting freshman coming in to the mens program in years.  And that says alot. 

because he will transfer portal the second he possibly can... or sooner.

15 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

SDSU beats the Bizon.

Does the Hawks' Nest get over 11,000, with #1 coming in?

Not sure. 10,500 at least I bet. The fans that do show will be loud and rowdy.  Looking at all of my fellow 30 and 40 yr olds!  3 pm kickoff gives us time to tailgate/pregame.  Get home with time to spare before the hockey game.  Going to be a fun day!

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Eric Martinson was on with Izzo and he is predicting over 11k for attendance. Izzo was drooling over our FBS games coming up  

This game is big enough to be a sellout, if we win this game - it should help attendance next year.
There's getting to be that feeling  FB is making good strides at UND.
We do have some FB street buzz in GF, of course long with the TC game, but the FB one is at home.
I'm probably pushing it, but we could come close to 12K tomorrow.

BIG GAME UND fans and friends, everyone welcome - game will be worth your admission.