SiouxSports.com Forum

The Ralph Fan Engagement

SiouxForever

Off-season time killer.

What are a few things the Ralph needs for better fan engagement or production to be better or more elite than an NHL game/fan experience? 

I’ll start. 

1. Pregame tailgating. Not always available as an option, but should hold pre-party at the betty or olympic rink with music etc. 

2. Unified cheer to get all students and fans engaged. We used to have the let’s go Sioux chant that was electric and most would be involved in late 90s and 2000s. Name change ruined this. 

3. A green out and not a white out. White out is exclusive to the Winnipeg Jets. Take that green jerseys worn in Nashville and do a green out. 

4. More unique intermission/sponsor tv time out games or things, Update them.  Get creative, copy the most fun in the NHL/AHL even ECHL.  

Any ideas?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

Great ideas so far.

More of the band please.

I’m fine with more band. They need to get creative and do something unique to stand out that is their own.  Wisconsin and Michigan Tech band figured it out. No creative heads/minds in the band community there?! 

• Upvote 2

Just now, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Ice projection/animation equipment.

alot of these don't matter if the not fun police are still outnumbering the fans 10-1....if your under 21 and you go to these games and god forbid you've had one or two beers or wine coolers the no fun police at the ralph and the alerus are itching to get these young people minor's and whatnot....

until this/that changes i think attendance is gonna keep suffering.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

alot of these don't matter if the not fun police are still outnumbering the fans 10-1....if your under 21 and you go to these games and god forbid you've had one or two beers or wine coolers the no fun police at the ralph and the alerus are itching to get these young people minor's and whatnot....

until this/that changes i think attendance is gonna keep suffering.

Yeah let's promote public underage drinking.... thats a great idea. /s

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

Not bothering college kids that show up buzzed to a hockey game is hardly promoting underage drinking. Obviously sneaking in alcohol or trying to drink under age at the venue is not what we are talking about. 

when I was in college and would have had a good chance to be harassed by the police for being drunk before I show up to a hockey game, I probably would have still went sober but I can tell you most of my friends wouldn’t even think of attending. We 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

All for more band but when the dj does play music mix it up a bit.  Feels like they never stopped playing some of the songs that were current when The Ralph opened.

Yeah and they definitely do not want to play any music that gets the student section up to dance. We all know those student need to keep their butt glued to their seats or else! Not letting the students stand is the biggest buzz kill the Ralph could have done to the atmosphere of just not the student section but to the entire Ralph.

• Upvote 2

I get it advertising is much easier to sell and do at the Ralph compared to most other arenas due to the number of video boards that the Ralph has.  But it really is a buzz kill.  I have always says that the facia board around the arena needs to be a bigger part of the in game atmosphere.  95% of the time it's used for ads.  Given the tecnology out there that the Ralph currently has, and twhat is available now that they dont have, the Ralph has a great opportunity to not inly continue to miximize revenue, but use it to better the game day atmoshphere in the building of which at times can be very stale.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WiSioux said:

so a 20 year old guy that just got done doing a tour in ___________________ and is back on leave and having a few beers before the game needs his life ruined bc some nark said he is drunk and or underage......

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

get rid of the "no fun natzi's" and people might wanna come back.....

Still remember a couple ass clowns berating parents because their 4-6 year old kids were not masking up between bites of popcorn and Dippin' Dots. Absolutely pathetic.

• Like 2

This tends to happen as Arenas modernize. I remember Walker arena (Clarkson University) to be an absolute horrible place for opposing teams to play because of the noise. They built Cheel, and the amount of concrete deadens any noise. It’s an absolute morgue. No I don’t think turning a blind eye to drinking will change that atmosphere at the Ralph. I think that it truly is all about focusing the crowd on the game. There has to be away.

Ralph I had a rocking rep, but as someone who watched the first game there as a student, people thought that building was too civilized and quiet.  Winning changed that.   Different factors now:   they win a lot, but web-in-your-pocket changed everything about people's distraction level.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3