SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Have you asked the same questions of the businesses in Fargo who have paid NIL money to NDSU football players?
I'd be curious, under current rules, how it is it any different than scholarships or full cost of attendance?
How is it any different than dumping 10's of millions into facilities to entice players to a University?

Every single one of those is money being spent to "buy" players.

Are you saying "same arms race, new battlefield"? 

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Have you asked the same questions of the businesses in Fargo who have paid NIL money to NDSU football players?
I'd be curious, under current rules, how it is it any different than scholarships or full cost of attendance?
How is it any different than dumping 10's of millions into facilities to entice players to a University?

Every single one of those is money being spent to "buy" players.

The difference is no one in Fargo is offering NIL money to HS recruits besides COA which every conference school does.  But hey if that's what it takes to get good players to GF go for it.

On 5/20/2022 at 4:11 PM, Bison Dan said:

The difference is no one in Fargo is offering NIL money to HS recruits besides COA which every conference school does.  But hey if that's what it takes to get good players to GF go for it.

Are you saying no ndsu players are getting NIL money?

15 minutes ago, bison73 said:

He never said that. Youre stretching.

It’s not stretching.  Cause he comes in here all the time and talks !@#$ about how UND loses guys to the portal so things are falling apart, coaches leave so things are falling apart, making a recommendation that UND get on board with NIL for recruiting is desperate.  Than the same thing happens in Fargo and it’s crickets.  

So it’s not a stretch.  Its calling him on his simpleness.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, homer said:

It’s not stretching.  Cause he comes in here all the time and talks !@#$ about how UND loses guys to the portal so things are falling apart, coaches leave so things are falling apart, making a recommendation that UND get on board with NIL for recruiting is desperate.  Than the same thing happens in Fargo and it’s crickets.  

So it’s not a stretch.  Its calling him on his simpleness.  

LOL please post those falling apart posts.  If und starts offering HS recruits NIL money beyond what the rest of the conference is doing that's desperate. I never come here and start &#33 but respond to &#33 that you post and the truth seems to hurt.  Good luck buying HS kids.  

f

12 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

did anyone even think before publishing this............?

He doesn't have to, got the excuse that every team hates him. Even makes money off tee shirts. He hated when he had to acknowledge UND was a contender and dropped them off his radar as fast as he could. 

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

He doesn't have to, got the excuse that every team hates him. Even makes money off tee shirts. He hated when he had to acknowledge UND was a contender and dropped them off his radar as fast as he could. 

The Northern Iowa game will be huge, if we win we can get some early respect and jump into the polls. If we lose we will have to eat a little internal crow since we all love to take jabs at UNI and it will be an up hill climb to get into the polls.  Even though this is a different team the Northern AZ game scares me after that pathetic debacle up there last time.  I'm hoping we make it worth the drive up this year!

On 5/20/2022 at 4:11 PM, Bison Dan said:

NDSU will probably lead the way, they usually do.

On 5/21/2022 at 7:45 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

did anyone even think before publishing this............?

What did Bubba and the F’Hawks do last season to deserve a place in any 2022 preseason poll?

waiting for the backlash…

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, zonadub said:

What did Bubba and the F’Hawks do last season to deserve a place in any 2022 preseason poll?

waiting for the backlash…

In reality, Bubba and co, took a fairly good Hawks team(on paper), and had to win 3 of their last 5 to finish 5-6.  Very, very disappointing to say the least.  I have no idea how any pollster would vote the Hawks in the top 25.    Finished in a tie with Indiana State for 7th and the 3 Hawks victories were against 9th, 10th and 11th place finishers in the MVFC.

As some of you lose your minds with my comments, tell me where you would rank the Hawks in the MVFC and then nationally and why.

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2022 at 7:54 AM, Bison Dan said:

LOL please post those falling apart posts.  If und starts offering HS recruits NIL money beyond what the rest of the conference is doing that's desperate. I never come here and start &#33 but respond to &#33 that you post and the truth seems to hurt.  Good luck buying HS kids.  

f

Will you feel the same way about NDSU if/when they start doing things the rest of the conference isn’t doing?