SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

3 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Siu has started there NiL

where is chaves? und behind again

At least one meeting with UND boosters has taken place.  This isn't something you are going to hear much about until something tangible has been determined.  

Unfortunately, NIL and other recent NCAA decisions is going to make the difference between the "haves" and "have nots" in lower and mid-DI schools even more pronounced.  I don't know which category UND will fall.  It could be the "have nots" as our (Champions Club) annual fundraising efforts do not raise enough $ yet to fully fund all athletic scholarships.  Until that happens, it is going to be a challenge! 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

At least one meeting with UND boosters has taken place.  This isn't something you are going to hear much about until something tangible has been determined.  

Unfortunately, NIL and other recent NCAA decisions is going to make the difference between the "haves" and "have nots" in lower and mid-DI schools even more pronounced.  I don't know which category UND will fall.  It could be the "have nots" as our (Champions Club) annual fundraising efforts do not raise enough $ yet to fully fund all athletic scholarships.  Until that happens, it is going to be a challenge! 

oh boy …

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So I was looking at the Ag school 2 deep and noticed how many Seniors and upper class men they had at almost every position. Seriously never seen that many seniors listed.

so my question is what is going on with our roster? Not many seniors left? Seniors getting outshined by our underclassmen? 

I was going to post about this the other day as I had seen somebody on the FCS FB page post their two deep so I had taken a screen shot of it. They only have 5 underclassmen on their entire 2 deep. Meanwhile we have 4 underclassmen starting on our OL alone.  They are sitting in a really good position this year, I doubt it's because their younger guys aren't good. I think we are finally starting to build better depth but we still have a ways to go. 

Screenshot_20220829-145501.png

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

I was going to post about this the other day as I had seen somebody on the FCS FB page post their two deep so I had taken a screen shot of it. They only have 5 underclassmen on their entire 2 deep. Meanwhile we have 4 underclassmen starting on our OL alone.  They are sitting in a really good position this year, I doubt it's because their younger guys aren't good. I think we are finally starting to build better depth but we still have a ways to go. 

Screenshot_20220829-145501.png

I think a lot of the players listed as Jrs are eligibility wise Sophs.  You know the whole Covid deal.  It all confuses me but I think that's right.

2 hours ago, NDRA said:

I think a lot of the players listed as Jrs are eligibility wise Sophs.  You know the whole Covid deal.  It all confuses me but I think that's right.

I think that is correct. NDSU does not take into account the COVID year when they list eligibility. Both Millers that are starting, Cam and Mason, are Soph’s eligibility wise but are listed as juniors on the depth chart. Some schools do it differently.

48 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I think that is correct. NDSU does not take into account the COVID year when they list eligibility. Both Millers that are starting, Cam and Mason, are Soph’s eligibility wise but are listed as juniors on the depth chart. Some schools do it differently.

UND is handling it the same way as to how they are listing players.  Schuster is listed as a Junior, but he has only burned 1 year of eligibility and he could be considered a Sophomore this year.   I was thinking about it before, should he stay his extra year and nobody ever beats him out for the starting job he would surely shatter the UND record for games started.  He would have started 4 full years, plus the games in the shortened spring season, which I think there were 9 including playoffs.   If he is still starting in 2024 that will surely keep our constant QB debate alive, but that is for another thread.  

57 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This exact same thing was said 5 years ago…

I agree....we were saying that 5 years ago and it has felt like a broken record.  Tom Miller also said this is the deepest team we've had at the FCS level, so it has improved from 5 years ago and I'd agree that it is better.  Still room to improve though, and we will probably always be saying trying to improve depth.  Outside of NDSU....and maybe SDSU, every other school is probably saying it right now too.  

17 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I agree....we were saying that 5 years ago and it has felt like a broken record.  Tom Miller also said this is the deepest team we've had at the FCS level, so it has improved from 5 years ago and I'd agree that it is better.  Still room to improve though, and we will probably always be saying trying to improve depth.  Outside of NDSU....and maybe SDSU, every other school is probably saying it right now too.  

The last two classes are upgrades.  We have one G student, 2 seniors and 2 juniors.  

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Missouri state playing central Arkansas.

First series for the bears.  Shelly sacked twice.  Bears OL may be a weakness.;)

Always has been a weakness, Shelly is the only reason they came back and won last year with his scrambles. Any other non mobile QB would’ve been eaten up. I’m actually surprised they haven’t been able to improve that position through transfers……

5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

UND is handling it the same way as to how they are listing players.  Schuster is listed as a Junior, but he has only burned 1 year of eligibility and he could be considered a Sophomore this year.   I was thinking about it before, should he stay his extra year and nobody ever beats him out for the starting job he would surely shatter the UND record for games started.  He would have started 4 full years, plus the games in the shortened spring season, which I think there were 9 including playoffs.   If he is still starting in 2024 that will surely keep our constant QB debate alive, but that is for another thread.  

If shuster plays all five years, he'll shatter a lot of records. I think he's already number three in a few key stats.