SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

that's bad...air force........is still just the air force.

UNI usually doesn't have much offense so their 3 points doesn't surprise me, but giving up 27 in the first half does.   I'll love it when they are 0-2 after next week. 

5 hours ago, fueledbyramen said:

Yep, PJ is a snake oil salesman for sure. 

Gophers are in the joke side of Big Ten...Big Ten West.

PJ hasn't done anything that Glen Mason didn't do. Win enough to play a bowl game, but lose the games you really need to win. Play !@#$ teams in the pre conference to ensure your Gator Tax Slayer Bowl.

A top FBS team would score 60 against New Mexico State. !@#$, NDSU would probably have won 38-0 at least. The Gophers offense is a great run team, but you gotta be able to chuck the pigskin! They cannot.

Fleck is who he is it isn't an act. He is full of energy and loves his players and they love him. Terrible take.

Big Ten West is solid and if you look at overall performance east/west it isn't a huge favor for east but yes outside of Ohio State and now Michigan coming on the B1G is more solid teams and less playoff contender types.

PJ has done plenty that Mason didn't do and I liked Mason. Played in and won in a new years day bowl, 11 win season, win in Madison are just some early in his career are just some.

Gophers could name the score against New Mexico State. Their defense was only on the field for 33 total plays and allowed 6 1st downs and 91 yards. PJ isn't the type to run the score up he'd rather just be very vanilla in the non-con even though it gets boring sometimes. For some reason New Mexico State sat back with 2 safeties all night Thursday so the Gophers took advantage of the lite boxes. Having Kirk back at OC makes a huge difference and in the 23 pass attempts Thursday you could see it as the passing game concepts and timing were so much better. The Sanford hire a couple years ago was a big mistake from PJ but he has corrected it just like the Smith hire at DC early in his career.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Let’s not not kick off to this guy

Reminiscent of Grady's kick off return or interception  (can't remember which it was) in High School that he ran back like 90 yards or something.  Crap....10 lashes for me for bringing up Grady.