SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

52 minutes ago, Goon said:

I actually watched Saturday's game from the middle of the Caribbean on my way back to port in San Juan, and most of the third period in a theater on ship waiting for a musical on Friday night. I think there's a small sliver of hope UND can do well this weekend. It will be a tall order for them to win the Frozen Faceoff. I think if they could pull it off it would give this team some momentum in 2023-24. 

I think if they get to St. Paul it will bode well for next year. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Goon said:

I actually watched Saturday's game from the middle of the Caribbean on my way back to port in San Juan, and most of the third period in a theater on ship waiting for a musical on Friday night. I think there's a small sliver of hope UND can do well this weekend. It will be a tall order for them to win the Frozen Faceoff. I think if they could pull it off it would give this team some momentum in 2023-24. 

Caribbean? WTF? How did you get all the way down there after vacationing in Park River? 

Three UND players earned all-NCHC honors Wednesday.

Defenseman Chris Jandric was named first-team all-NCHC, while forwards Jackson Blake and Riese Gaber were named second team all-NCHC.

The first team was: F Jason Polin (WMU), F Massimo Rizzo (DU), F Jami Krannila (SCSU), D Mike Benning (DU), D Chris Jandric (UND) and G Magnus Chrona (DU).

The second team was: F Jackson Blake (UND), F Riese Gaber (UND), F Carter Mazur (DU), D Jack Peart (SCSU), D Wyatt Kaiser (Minn. Duluth) and G Kaidan Mbereko (CC).

Congrats to Chris, Jackson, and Riese!

• Upvote 1

NCHC award finalists:
POTY: Jason Polin, Jami Krannila, Magnus Chrona
ROTY: Jackson Blake, Kaidan Mbereko, Ryan McAllister
COTY: David Carle, Pat Ferschweiler, Mike Gabinet
Senior scholar athlete: Ethan Frisch, Polin, Kirby Proctor
GOTY: Chrona, Mbereko, Simon Latkoczy

Off D of year: Chris Jandric, Mike Benning, Zak Galambos, Jack Peart
Def D of year: Aidan Fulp, Justin Lee, Victor Mancini
F of year: Jami Krannila, Jason Polin, Massimo Rizzo
Def F of year: Krannila, Carter Mazur, Micah Miller, Nolan Sullivan

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/mark-senden-gavin-hain-cherish-fifth-year-at-und

"I let everyone know on the team this place here is something special," Senden said. "Never take it for granted. Cherish every moment you have here. Being able to come back for a fifth year was unbelievable. I'm so thankful to have that opportunity just to cherish those little things, those little day-to-day activities you have with the guys in the locker room and creating friendships and brotherhoods that will last a lifetime."

This summer, forward Judd Caulfield and defenseman Ethan Frisch will have to decide whether to return for a fifth year or sign a pro contract. Senior forward Carson Albrecht, meanwhile, still has two years of eligibility left, because he did not play any games as a freshman.

• Upvote 1