SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

15 hours ago, nodakgirl93 said:

I never said anything about early season games. 

No but you did say you wonder where we would be if we didnt play AZ and that it was an unneeded extra game. 

Someone replied to you and said that playing ASU should be a W and that winning solves problems.

You replied by saying "theres enough regular season games for that", how are you not implying about early season games?

19 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

No but you did say you wonder where we would be if we didnt play AZ and that it was an unneeded extra game. 

Someone replied to you and said that playing ASU should be a W and that winning solves problems.

You replied by saying "theres enough regular season games for that", how are you not implying about early season games?

Im saying that it was extra game being it was hall of fame game and exempt from the maximum anount of games you can play like if u go to Alaska. Thats what i was referring to. No point in und paying for those games (and making a big deal playing away from the ralph) if und is just gonna lose like they have. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I’ve noticed this too…vision is an issue. Could hurt him moving forward.

100% agree. I've been saying for quite sometime that he lacks vision which obviously leads to him being a poor passer. Many times when he does decide to pass, he is way late on his decision which often times leads to a turnover. It also can hinder the PP as once the puck gets to him there is very little chance the puck is moving anyway other than towards the net (obviously a shot) or back to Jandric at the point. And yes I know our PP% is close to clicking at a record rate but if anyone is going to tell me our PP is better than St Cloud's just based on the eye test, hockey is not your thing. 

19 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I wish someone who has some inside knowledge would let us in on what is up with the lineups, just crazy some weekends and some players no matter how bad they play stay in the lineup. #6 had good numbers and his plus/minus is not worse then the other D what doesn’t he play? Where was Strinden? Portz played well on Friday and not a shift on sat. 

I heard from very reliable sources this weekend that there are locker room issues and other circumstances leading to this decision which is all together ironic in the fact that he was brought in due to the decision to let Morrow walk because he (and his father) could be a distraction and not UND culture. 

17 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Im saying that it was extra game being it was hall of fame game and exempt from the maximum anount of games you can play like if u go to Alaska. Thats what i was referring to. No point in und paying for those games (and making a big deal playing away from the ralph) if und is just gonna lose like they have. 

Either way the point is that there aren't enough regular season games to make up if you lose early, especially if they are out of conference games.

1 hour ago, I Ranger said:

I heard from very reliable sources this weekend that there are locker room issues and other circumstances leading to this decision which is all together ironic in the fact that he was brought in due to the decision to let Morrow walk because he (and his father) could be a distraction and not UND culture. 

Must be pretty bad because forcing out skill at the underclassmen ages isn’t wise. We’ve sure pushed out some really skilled players the past few year. I trust the coaching staff though. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, I Ranger said:

Always good to get rumors from “reliable sources “ when spreading those rumors can hurt the team, especially recruiting.  I have no idea what goes on in this locker room, but I guarantee that once this appears on a public forum,  it will be brought up by other schools when they talk to recruits. At this level, there are usually folks monitoring opponents web sites for anything they can use against opponents. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Always good to get rumors from “reliable sources “ when spreading those rumors can hurt the team, especially recruiting.  I have no idea what goes on in this locker room, but I guarantee that once this appears on a public forum,  it will be brought up by other schools when they talk to recruits. At this level, there are usually folks monitoring opponents web sites for anything they can use against opponents. 

Reliable sources on SiouxSports?  Isn't that an oxymoron?  Except of course for gfhockey.:wink:

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, I Ranger said:

I always find it funny anytime somebody says a very reliable source.  Unless you’re getting it directly from the player/coach. Which I doubt.  Could it be that both parties have decided to mutually part ways. 

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

The kid hasn't played in 2023. As for the bolded part I think some actually within the program are doing a good job at that. The style of play and the management of players is much more detrimental in recruiting than what is occasionally posted here.

You r correct. All of these kids know each other and played against each other in juniors or high school.  Doesn’t take long for negative info to spread which does affect recruiting.  I would guess that there r probably several NHL GM’s that are probably questioning players wanting to come to North Dakota due to development issues.  

19 minutes ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

I would guess that there r probably several NHL GM’s that are probably questioning players wanting to come to North Dakota due to development issues.  

Yeah I'm sure Ottawa doesn't want any more of their players coming to UND after watching Pinto and Sanderson regress in their development while here. 

;) 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Yeah I'm sure Ottawa doesn't want any more of their players coming to UND after watching Pinto and Sanderson regress in their development while here. 

;) 

When will Jake be playing again for the Sens?

16 minutes ago, brianvf said:

;) 

Lets ask Det/Van/Buf/Was. Pretty sure the Jake Sanderson would be in the same spot he’s in even if he had never attended North Dakota.  

4 minutes ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

Lets ask Det/Van/Buf/Was.

Alright, I'd say go ahead and ask them.
I, for one, am in agreement that I wish Johnson would have gotten more of a shot here, especially since the optics appear that he was brought in rather than Morrow.

That said, I would say that our track record of developing players for the NHL is unmatched by at least 95% of the colleges.

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

I can see it now...

Motzko is taking a prized recruit around for a tour of Mariucci.  The recruits parents look around and mention in passing that the Ralph seemed to be a much nicer arena with better amenities for the players.  Motzko, with his razor sharp ears, hears this comment and feels the need to confide in the parents.  "You know, according to some posters on the siouxsports.com message board, there is a potential locker room issue going on at that school...I'd steer clear."  The parents, who are always interested in gossip (they watch a lot of TMZ), are intrigued and take his comment to heart.  No less than 20min later, the highly sought after recruit has given his verbal commitment to join the Gopher program for that fall.  After the family leaves, Motzko chuckles to himself and says "thank you siouxsports.com...thank you once again."

;) :)  

Of course with your experience as a college player and coach you know exactly how it works. Maybe not. Many other college teams including the Gophers have upgraded facilities since the Ralph was built. The gap between facilities is no longer the same advantage.
Coaches don’t have time to review ss.com. They will hear about the  rumors. I would question whether or not you have ever been involved recruiting college athletes if you don’t think the negative rumors are never used in recruiting. I would bet the unfounded rumors regarding racial problems at NDSU gets used against them by some. Recruits are asked what other schools they are considering. They answer St. Elsewhere University. Someone says “are they still having locker room issues?” or “ any truth to racial issues”?.
“I heard coach x is on the way out”.  
Rumors like that don’t need to be used by many of the best programs but it’s cut throat business and I have seen how that crap gets used.  

13 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Of course with your experience as a college player and coach you know exactly how it works. Maybe not. Many other college teams including the Gophers have upgraded facilities since the Ralph was built. The gap between facilities is no longer the same advantage.
Coaches don’t have time to review ss.com. They will hear about the  rumors. I would question whether or not you have ever been involved recruiting college athletes if you don’t think the negative rumors are never used in recruiting. I would bet the unfounded rumors regarding racial problems at NDSU gets used against them by some.

Next time I will use more ;).

;) :) 

49 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Does not meet the %gobc/gfhockey high first round draft pick criteria. Sorry. Thanks for playing. ;) 

Blake combines his puck-handling and playmaking to great effect. In-tight, he adjusts his puck positioning to hook and slip passes through pressure, and dekes through defenders without entering a glide. He pre-scans before every touch, then creativity connects with teammates through defenders, leads them into space with area passes, and works give-and-goes. He’s an elite. 

32 minutes ago, ND_Texan said:

Blake combines his puck-handling and playmaking to great effect. In-tight, he adjusts his puck positioning to hook and slip passes through pressure, and dekes through defenders without entering a glide. He pre-scans before every touch, then creativity connects with teammates through defenders, leads them into space with area passes, and works give-and-goes. He’s an elite. 

So … he’s just like his Dad.

• Upvote 2