SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

What round was Blake drafted in?

Isaac Howard - 1st round - 4-9-13
Jackson Blake - 4th round - 13-23-36
Ryan McAllister - undrafted - 11-30-41

According to your logic, only Howard would be a blue chipper of those three, which I guess means that Blake and McAllister are grinders.
Yet, if you were building a team for this season and were only allowed to take two of those three players...which two would you want?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, burd said:

Did we win a banner with him?  Simple question.

No?  Grindah.  

We???

I assume this is sarcasm but for the sake of those whose lives seem askew when our sports team aren’t performing up to our expectations, fans aren’t the ones who win and lose.

A simple answer to the simple question:

Not Yet. 

4 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Farmer, Sidorski, Blake, DeRidder, James, Strinden and McLaughlin all NOT on NCHC all-academic team. Some surprises among the group.

Hope this doesn't mean the younger players don't take school seriously, whether it's because they don't expect to be around long or because they just don't care.  That said, it's not like they are on probation.  

15 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Farmer, Sidorski, Blake, DeRidder, James, Strinden and McLaughlin all NOT on NCHC all-academic team. Some surprises among the group.

Might I recommend investigation before reporting? Say paragraph two ...

To be eligible for the NCHC Academic All-Conference Team, a student-athlete must compile a 3.0 cumulative grade-point average or better, while having completed at least one full academic year at his current institution. Student-athletes that have achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better are honored as NCHC Distinguished Scholar-Athletes, in addition to Academic All-Conference. 

https://nchchockey.com/news/2023/2/22/mens-ice-hockey-nchc-names-117-student-athletes-to-2022-23-academic-all-conference-team.aspx  

Let's see, Sid, Farmer, DeRidder haven't been at UND (current institution) for a year nor has any freshman. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

https://nchchockey.com/news/2023/2/22/mens-ice-hockey-nchc-names-117-student-athletes-to-2022-23-academic-all-conference-team.aspx  

Let's see, Sid, Farmer, DeRidder haven't been at UND (current institution) for a year nor has any freshman. 

That explains it then. Thanks for pointing that out.

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I believe the fall semester set a record for team GPA for the MIH program.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Thx, Sic