SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNO - NO SHARING OUR PENNE EDITION - Saturday game day

stoneySIOUX

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

What’s Berry’s excuse for this one.

Seems like he's had the team playing pretty well despite playing without a lot of our main guys.
I don't think he needs an excuse.  This team was picked to finish 4th in the NCHC this year.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

Seems like he's had the team playing pretty well despite playing without a lot of our main guys.
I don't think he needs an excuse.  This team was picked to finish 4th in the NCHC this year.

I’m more concerned about the effort of play on the ice. If they play like this in any game going forward, they’ll lose. Omaha is a very average team.

Just now, brianvf said:

Right? What this team has been able to accomplish being without some of its top players for stretches of time is phenomenal. This game is a bump in the road but I believe the team will rebound.

It’d be nice to also get a combination of Gaber, Frisch, or Sanderson or all of them back for playoffs/tournament.

• Upvote 2

Just now, SiouxFanatic said:

Right? What this team has been able to accomplish being without some of its top players for stretches of time is phenomenal. This game is a bump in the road but I believe the team will rebound.

It’d be nice to also get a combination of Gaber, Frisch, or Sanderson or all of them back for playoffs/tournament.

For sure.  Considering that both Gaber and Frisch were supposed to play this weekend, I'm hoping that they'll be cleared to play next weekend.
And Sanderson has been day to day for about a month now.  ;) 

A motivational message if it helps any….

I remember UND clinching the McNaughton Cup on a Friday night way back in 1997. The next night, DU absolutely blew the doors open on us and beat us bad, like 7-1 or something. I know because I was there-at that crappy old airplane hanger arena. UND went on to win the Final Five and the Frozen Four.

Moral of the story-the book for this year’s UND team isn’t finished being written.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The fact that this game wasn't consequential after where we were going in to the st cloud series is incredible, especially with who is out of the lineup. Bring on CC

Will there be a @Godsmack sighting at the Ralph next weekend?

Just now, Godsmack said:

A motivational message if it helps any….

I remember UND clinching the McNaughton Cup on a Friday night way back in 1997. The next night, DU absolutely blew the doors open on us and beat us bad, like 7-1 or something. I know because I was there-at that crappy old airplane hanger arena. UND went on to win the Final Five and the Frozen Four.

Moral of the story-the story for this year’s UND team isn’t finished. 

It’s good to keep things in perspective. They just were off tonight.

• Upvote 1