SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNO - NO SHARING OUR PENNE EDITION - Saturday game day

stoneySIOUX

It seems pretty likely that UND will finish a 2 seed, somewhere in that 5-8 overall range.  If so, it's just a matter of which 1 seed's regional they would end up in.  If UND managed to advance to the regional final, none of those would be a picnic.  But then, I doubt any of the 1 seeds would be thrilled to see UND there either.

• Upvote 2

Just now, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The fact that this game wasn't consequential after where we were going in to the st cloud series is incredible, especially with who is out of the lineup. Bring on CC

Yeah, after that Cornell series I was burying this team and calling for the Swede full time.

Two years ago we were supposed to be hosting CC in the NCHC tournament before Covid ended things.  Now two years later we are back to the norm.

• Upvote 2

UND started its win streak by winning two games against CC after UND dropped a game to UNO just before. Might as well get a new streak going.

Sucks to share regular season title with DU but considering UND and DU(aka the top 2 teams) didn’t play each other four times, sort of fitting. SORT OF.

Omaha is another team that could take a step back next season unless they can retain any of their players for a 5th year.
5 of their top 7 scorers are seniors and their 2nd leading scorer, JR dman Scanlin, will probably get some interest to sign as a free agent.

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Omaha is another team that could take a step back next season unless they can retain any of their players for a 5th year.
5 of their top 7 scorers are seniors and their 2nd leading scorer, JR dman Scanlin, will probably get some interest to sign as a free agent.

I've heard they've got a kid who could come over in the portal that's a legacy.....:whistling:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

On to playoff hockey

As Bob Seger would say turn the page.  It would worry me to go into the playoffs red hot.  Even if the league tourney doesn't go well.  I would be more worried if we were still red hot.  Need to catch fire for the national tourney.

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I've heard they've got a kid who could come over in the portal that's a legacy.....:whistling:

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I said it on an earlier thread, but I'd take Ward here for a bonus year in a second.  Kid can flat out score.

It’s up to him, if he would actually like to be on a team that has a chance to win some hardware. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Yeah, after that Cornell series I was burying this team and calling for the Swede full time.

Two years ago we were supposed to be hosting CC in the NCHC tournament before Covid ended things.  Now two years later we are back to the norm.

It feels like a lifetime ago, but I vaguely recall looking forward to the opportunity to end their season before the world went mad. Wasn't Wilkie kinda being a dipstick?

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

It feels like a lifetime ago, but I vaguely recall looking forward to the opportunity to the their season before the world went mad. Wasn't Wilkie kinda being a dipstick?

I believe you’re right and Wilkie is nothing compared to Tychonik. That kid is a real dipstick.