SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNO - NO SHARING OUR PENNE EDITION - Saturday game day

stoneySIOUX

10 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Considering UND swept DU how is it they get the 2 seed? 

Uneven season series (only two games, and in REA) so the head-to-head tiebreaker does not apply. 

Next tiebreaker is conference regulation wins and DU has 17 and UND has 16, but both have 53 point so title is shared. 

GP    PTS    Pt%    RW    RL    OW    OL       
1    Denver          24    53    .736    17    6     1            
     North Dakota    24    53    .736    16    5     2     1  

All the tiebreaker means is DU gets the tournament top seed. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Uneven season series (only two games, and in REA) so the head-to-head tiebreaker does not apply. 

Next tiebreaker is conference regulation wins and DU has 17 and UND has 16, but both have 53 point so title is shared. 

GP    PTS    Pt%    RW    RL    OW    OL       
1    Denver          24    53    .736    17    6     1            
     North Dakota    24    53    .736    16    5     2     1  

All the tiebreaker means is DU gets the tournament top seed. 

I understand that but I still don’t like it. Regardless of not an even series UND should have the edge as they played DU twice and won. Who comes up with these rules. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I understand that but I still don’t like it. Regardless of not an even series UND should have the edge as they played DU twice and won. Who comes up with these rules. 

Either the ads, coaches, or university presidents when they meet to discuss the rules for conference games. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, crb1 said:

I don't know.  I think all you have to do is look at our season series with WMU to see why that tiebreaker rule is in place.  I don't have a problem with it.

Honestly, it shouldn't have mattered.  I felt the team was a bit too amped up on Friday, and it cost them the regulation win.  If they had played the way they'd been playing in the month leading up to it, no problem, and no tie with DU.

18 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

I don't know.  I think all you have to do is look at our season series with WMU to see why that tiebreaker rule is in place.  I don't have a problem with it.

The only way I think a two-game season series should be used as the tiebreaker is if the road team swept. 

43 minutes ago, Goon said:

And here's the update. 

The actions of the few reflect negatively on the reputation of the majority. Hard reading the blanket statements of the fan base, when myself and every other fan I know would never act this way. 

Although, other teams, Omaha included, have bad fans too. My wife while walking the concourse with our 15 month old this Saturday was the target of "F*** you, North Dakota." A woman with her child. Some people don't deserve to attend these events if they can't mind their own business and enjoy the game for what it is. A social event meant for good competition, and FUN.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

The actions of the few reflect negatively on the reputation of the majority. Hard reading the blanket statements of the fan base, when myself and every other fan I know would never act this way. 

Although, other teams, Omaha included, have bad fans too. My wife while walking the concourse with our 15 month old this Saturday was the target of "F*** you, North Dakota." A woman with her child. Some people don't deserve to attend these events if they can't mind their own business and enjoy the game for what it is. A social event meant for good competition, and FUN.

that's exactly right, these events should be adding to our lives, good conversation, fun chiding, competitive spirit. Most fo the a-holes from the 2014-2017 era have moved on. And I say that for many of the fanbases. Must have been sunspots or something.

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why give them any recognition. 

Let the law deal with them. 

I wouldn't give him any recognition. He's 100% responsible for his actions. With that said, I am also tired of UND fans being blamed for the antics and crimes a small number of offenders. We all know that fanbases have their share of bad apples. I've sat next to bad fans from Wisconsin, Minnesota, UMD, SCSU and by UND fans that behave badly. I a sure that Omaha has their share of bad apples, too. 

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

Did that guy play hockey for Central?

OMAHA, Nebraska — A UND hockey fan is in jail in Nebraska after allegedly assaulting another man at a college hockey game late last week.

Tyrese Murph, 22, allegedly got into a “verbal altercation” with Stephen Thomas, 60, in the stands at a March 4 game between the Fighting Hawks and the University of Nebraska Omaha Mavericks, according to staff at the UNO police department. Police claim Murph pushed Thomas down a set of about 20 stairs at the arena, causing a large head wound.

Murph is currently in custody at Douglas County, Nebraska, jail, according to its inmate roster.

On 3/5/2022 at 10:22 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

This was the last loss for this team this year. Going on an 8 game winning streak starting Friday!!

Worth noting that after our last loss to Omaha (in Feb) we went on a 7 game win streak. Why not make it 8 this time!?!?!

• Upvote 2

An eight game win streak right now would be fun.  Although, honestly, I sort of consider this season a freeroll for me at this point.  I had very modest expectations for this team, given the loss of talent and all of the new faces. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, SJHovey said:

An eight game win streak right now would be fun.  Although, honestly, I sort of consider this season a freeroll for me at this point.  I had very modest expectations for this team, given the loss of talent and all of the new faces. 

While I generally agree, I'd just note that some teams have won, or nearly won, the year after they were supposed to.  Exhibit A would be UND 2000.  After the three-year run of domination, they lost a lot of important players, and I never imagined they would win it all.  UND 2005 lost in the title game in the first year post Parise and Bucks, on sheer will. Also, UMD 2018 won it after turning over a ton of its title game roster and playing 5? freshman D.