SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

22 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

But I can understand loosing playas to high majors but to to your own conference mates along with other low-mid mahors

Good point. If we lose someone to a higher profile program, that is one thing. But losing players to teams at your own level or in the same conference, that is a potential red flag.

39 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

But I can understand loosing playas to high majors but to to your own conference mates along with other low-mid mahors

Bruns just wanted to go home

other players think they are way better than they are, same with football

anymore you take the years you can get out of a player, if they want to leave let them go

its the same with employees

not much loyalty anymore 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

But to be picked last hurts

sets the bar pretty low

even though we won’t be last

after 3-4 years I wouldn’t claim success at seven wins

imho

I agree. I think a .500 season would be successful. It’s an uphill climb from where we were at but being less than .500 should not be acceptable year after year. 

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Bruns just wanted to go home

other players think they are way better than they are, same with football

anymore you take the years you can get out of a player, if they want to leave let them go

its the same with employees

not much loyalty anymore 

You hit the nail on the head.

Kid is from 15 miles away from USD... after 1 year they wanted him, so he went there. Because if they wanted him his senior year of HS, UND wouldn't have gotten him.

In college basketball right now, you are building one year rosters, at all levels. UND has a chance to erase last year by having a better year this year....and at the end of this year, players will leave and they will try to build another team next year... welcome to the real world of new college basketball... fun

1 minute ago, SD UND said:

You hit the nail on the head.

Kid is from 15 miles away from USD... after 1 year they wanted him, so he went there. Because if they wanted him his senior year of HS, UND wouldn't have gotten him.

In college basketball right now, you are building one year rosters, at all levels. UND has a chance to erase last year by having a better year this year....and at the end of this year, players will leave and they will try to build another team next year... welcome to the real world of new college basketball... fun

But they didn't want him. Then one year later realize he is pretty good once UND developed him and put him in a good situation.  Sad on USD's end and frankly, sad on the kid's end that he would go back to a local program that told him he wasn't good enough out of HS. 

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

But they didn't want him. Then one year later realize he is pretty good once UND developed him and put him in a good situation.  Sad on USD's end and frankly, sad on the kid's end that he would go back to a local program that told him he wasn't good enough out of HS. 

New coaching staff too. I mean I think he was going regardless but still. 

On 10/11/2022 at 1:01 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

I think the thing throwing me off with the white jerseys is the black triangle with the adidas logo on the collar. I would be interested to see a black collar with a green triangle. I don’t know, maybe that would be worse. 

I see the green jerseys have it too but it doesn’t bug me as much on those. 

19 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think the thing throwing me off with the white jerseys is the black triangle with the adidas logo on the collar. I would be interested to see a black collar with a green triangle. I don’t know, maybe that would be worse. 

I see the green jerseys have it too but it doesn’t bug me as much on those. 

I’m in shock that John Stockton shorts are all the rage these days again.  

I have been looking at UND picked to be last and i was thinking how you can come up with that with all the changes to the teams in the Summit. We have three schools that have coaching changes in South Dakota, Omaha, and KC and all these schools had losses to the portal and now made up new faces for the coming year expect these teams to just gel and be contenders. Then we have ST. Thomas that was heavily senior laden last year and will be made up freshman and sophomores for the coming season which spells for inconsistent season coming forward. Then we have NDSU hit heavily by portal but granted they have one best players in the Summit conference but my guess is they will be there by end of the season but there will number of losses along the way.  I can see how you can pick SDSU, Oral Roberts as the top of the league but even they have few questions marks and here again if one major stars would go down it changes these teams. Denver seems to be team on rise and they are returning good nucleus and they they could move up. Then Western Illinois team made up portal recruits who knows how they will gel and perform history says sooner or later that will blow up on you.  If I was doing preseason picks I would just pick top 4 or 5 and rest i would just give their strengths and weaknesses because who knows how they will shake out. My top four for Summit as it stands right now would be SDSU, Oral Roberts, Denver, and based on history NDSU.  From there i wouldn't  even want to make a pick until i see how they start playing in preseason conference schedule. But getting back to UND I think they will be close to 500 team in conference play if they are healthy i look at last year how close they played teams with total roster of 7 or 8 players for latter part of the season. They could even be better than that if couple of these recruits step up play big roles on this team. I wouldn't be surprised we again have the rookie of the year again on this squad especially looking at several of quality of players coming in and we will have openings to allow these players to play in games.  Basing it off last years performance is not practical anymore when we have portal and rosters are remade each year by adding players but this how this preseason prediction we had is based on.

I’ve learned long ago that preseason polls aren’t worth fussing over. Who cares what the pollsters think. What matters of course is what each team’s players and coaches think and then what they do to attain whatever goals they have set for themselves. I doubt we will finish last. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I have been looking at UND picked to be last and i was thinking how you can come up with that with all the changes to the teams in the Summit. We have three schools that have coaching changes in South Dakota, Omaha, and KC and all these schools had losses to the portal and now made up new faces for the coming year expect these teams to just gel and be contenders. Then we have ST. Thomas that was heavily senior laden last year and will be made up freshman and sophomores for the coming season which spells for inconsistent season coming forward. Then we have NDSU hit heavily by portal but granted they have one best players in the Summit conference but my guess is they will be there by end of the season but there will number of losses along the way.  I can see how you can pick SDSU, Oral Roberts as the top of the league but even they have few questions marks and here again if one major stars would go down it changes these teams. Denver seems to be team on rise and they are returning good nucleus and they they could move up. Then Western Illinois team made up portal recruits who knows how they will gel and perform history says sooner or later that will blow up on you.  If I was doing preseason picks I would just pick top 4 or 5 and rest i would just give their strengths and weaknesses because who knows how they will shake out. My top four for Summit as it stands right now would be SDSU, Oral Roberts, Denver, and based on history NDSU.  From there i wouldn't  even want to make a pick until i see how they start playing in preseason conference schedule. But getting back to UND I think they will be close to 500 team in conference play if they are healthy i look at last year how close they played teams with total roster of 7 or 8 players for latter part of the season. They could even be better than that if couple of these recruits step up play big roles on this team. I wouldn't be surprised we again have the rookie of the year again on this squad especially looking at several of quality of players coming in and we will have openings to allow these players to play in games.  Basing it off last years performance is not practical anymore when we have portal and rosters are remade each year by adding players but this how this preseason prediction we had is based on.

Very little knowledge available for pre-season polls, just opinions based on history.