SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

Just now, SWSiouxMN said:

it will be 7/10 and on Friday but your point still stands.

O wow so it is 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9? If this team could somehow put something together and get to a 7 seed, then upset  the 2 seed, and actually be showing some growth, by both players and coaches, I guess it probably would be considered a successful season with a real rocky beginning and middle

2 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

O wow so it is 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9? If this team could somehow put something together and get to a 7 seed, then upset  the 2 seed, and actually be showing some growth, by both players and coaches, I guess it probably would be considered a successful season with a real rocky beginning and middle

Correct. 

From this point going forward, I want to see majority of the minutes dedicated to those that are (hopefully) going to help us in the future. Eaglestaff, Omot and Brooks would be my main concern but add in Levias, Mathews, T, Norman and Trent and I’m good. 

I’m a Danielson fan because of the way he plays the game so if he’s playing so be it but he shouldn’t be playing 20+ mins a game. I don’t think Sueker or Nero need to play at all. Neither provides any D and really no offense either. Reid Grant could be a nice D2 point guard. Think he’s smart but just not a D1 guy. 

This is D1 basketball, not every one needs to play in each game. The season is basically a lost cause barring some magical run in the tournament so at least develop your guys as much as you can unless you’re just wanting to go down with the sinking ship. I feel like such a broken record saying all this. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ND1 said:

I see Kraft (PG - Red River) has dropped 30 in 2 consecutive games 

Have gotten to watch a lot of him over the years. Probably skilled enough to play d1 ball but is limited athletically. Thin frame, quick first step, but would really struggle to defend at this level. Hard working kid. Hope he succeeds at the next level wherever he ends up at. 
He’s probably pretty similar to Hong so who knows I guess

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 9:13 PM, sioux24/7 said:

2 of our 3 commits for next year are from Bismarck and the other is from St. Francis, MN. 

I was talking about our current and past players in Shockey and Grant.  If you are already calling our future commits fringe D1 then OK, that's you.  

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I was talking about our current and past players in Shockey and Grant.  If you are already calling our future commits fringe D1 then OK, that's you.  

Well your comment was in response to a prospective recruit so I guess that’s why I responded with where our current recruiting class is from and not on their talent. 

58 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/und-coach-says-danielson-having-amazing-year-as-he-plays-amid-his-dads-cancer-battle

Every team needs a Brady Danielson. Hopefully his family can receive some good news soon!

Coach mentioned Brady and what he is going through but also mentioned Mitchell when he was interviewed about the t shirts.’ And what players are going through off the court.

was wondering about Mitch

The men’s BB game tonight is pay per view from SDSU?

this conference needs to get all schools on the same broadcast system

buy espn and then it’s not on there for us that don’t live in midco tv area

i won’t pay sdsu to watch this

please  correct me if I’m wrong

1 hour ago, Kab said:

They're working on it.

https://www.inforum.com/opinion/columns/mcfeely-how-valuable-is-the-summit-league-conference-wants-to-find-out?auth0Authentication=true

47 minutes ago, Kab said:

This game isn't being televised anywhere.