SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Trent, Brooks, Norman, Danielson. All better guards at the college level right now. If we're talking right now. He's only a sophomore in HS and at 6'1" 160 pounds he would have a hard time competing with the physicality and speed of the D1 level. That's if we are talking right now like the question states. But if we're talking when he's done with HS and going to be a freshman in college he will be better than the guards we have at the moment. 

I would run him out there with no issues right now.  He is better overall than most all our guards. Trent would be a better driver for sure but can't shoot.  Brooks can't shoot.  Norman can only shoot and do nothing else.

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

You are severely underestimating the physicality and speed of college basketball and how much of an adjustment it is. If you put him in a live college basketball game right now it wouldn't be close. A 15/16 year old vs 20 something grown men that have years of college basketball experience.....

That is true yes. But I have seen what we have to offer, it isn't good enough and I don't see it getting much better.  His ceiling is very high.  

Just now, UND1983 said:

That is true yes. But I have seen what we have to offer, it isn't good enough and I don't see it getting much better.  His ceiling is very high.  

I absolutely agree that his ceiling is high and is probably higher than any of our guards other than Eaglestaff. He will go to a better team than UND once he's done in HS

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Dissette may be a combo PG/SG, kraft is listed as the top 2023 PG in prep hoops 

You're right on that! Kraft is listed as a PG. I guess I have always viewed him as more of a SG. Or at least that is the position I could see him playing more of in college

2 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Trent, Brooks, Norman, Danielson. All better guards at the college level right now. If we're talking right now. He's only a sophomore in HS and at 6'1" 160 pounds he would have a hard time competing with the physicality and speed of the D1 level. That's if we are talking right now like the question states. But if we're talking when he's done with HS and going to be a freshman in college he will be better than the guards we have at the moment. 

Agreed, the way I took it was when he’s a freshman.

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Our season?  Or.....

If we are talking about a sophomore in high school being our best guard….  Klabo is very talented and will be a very good college player and is a very good high school player right now but no he would not be our best guard right now. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

It’s sad that we’re even in a position where a question like this can come up. Good guards grow on trees. You can literally find good guards anywhere. How can we not get one after the seasons Marlon and Tyree had??

Or Q, or Geno, or Webb, or Anderson....

need I go on?

Nothing against Norman, but I just watched his Midco feature and in it he said that no other schools wanted him. That only UND was recruiting him. Seems like there are a lot of guys on our roster this year and in years past under Sather that had similar situations.

How many guys on our roster had 0 other D1 offers or even D1 interest before coming here??

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

I was just specifically talking about under Sather, but correct, we have had a great history of guards at the D1 level 

Fair point.

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Troy Huff. It's sad that we can go from that level of talent to what we have now...

I kept my list exclusive to people who played at the 1 and 2 spot (Troy was a 3), but your point still stands. 

• Upvote 1

Nothing against Norman, but I just watched his Midco feature and in it he said that no other schools wanted him. That only UND was recruiting him. Seems like there are a lot of guys on our roster this year and in years past under Sather that had similar situations.

How many guys on our roster had 0 other D1 offers or even D1 interest before coming here??

Add Doppler and Erickson to that list for next years recruits 

Other then Bj and matthews I don't know any that had other D1 offers. And I think matthews and Bjs were taken away from them why we ended up getting them.  

21 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Other then Bj and matthews I don't know any that had other D1 offers. And I think matthews and Bjs were taken away from them why we ended up getting them.  

BJ’s Providence offer may have been off the table but he had other D1 offers. But yeah I don’t think there was much if any competing D1 offers for the others. Heck I think we lost a recruiting battle to Augie last year. 

• Upvote 1