SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

UND talked about in the Reaching The Summit Podcast.

https://anchor.fm/todd-buckingham4/episodes/Our-50th-Episode---Omaha-Head-Coach-and-More-Team-Previews-e1on8vj/a-a5g0os

Dosch is extremely high on Omot, saying he is the most talented freshman that UND has had in the last 5-10 years.

Expected big things from Trent on the defensive side of the ball.

9 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

UND talked about in the Reaching The Summit Podcast.

https://anchor.fm/todd-buckingham4/episodes/Our-50th-Episode---Omaha-Head-Coach-and-More-Team-Previews-e1on8vj/a-a5g0os

Dosch is extremely high on Omot, saying he is the most talented freshman that UND has had in the last 5-10 years.

Expected big things from Trent on the defensive side of the ball.

That’s some high praise of Omot, wow. I plan on checking out the podcast tomorrow. 

I can’t wait for the season to start, keep checking in to see if they post new player pictures. I’m expecting new jersey’s. 

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If you ask me, that design on the side of the shorts looks kind of feather like. 

5D08981D-96D0-4080-A865-544E291344D4.jpeg

Thought the same thing. Don’t love the font of the #s and everything but that’s a school wide issue. Appears they went away from having the players name on the back?

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

In related news.....picked to finish last in the Summit.  Prove the doubters wrong.

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2022/10/11/mens-basketball-north-dakota-picked-10th-in-summit-league-preseason-poll.aspx

No where to go but hp

only took womens one year to turn it around

lastbyear was our down year

if we don’t improve by sather

12 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

In related news.....picked to finish last in the Summit.  Prove the doubters wrong.

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2022/10/11/mens-basketball-north-dakota-picked-10th-in-summit-league-preseason-poll.aspx

I don’t like it but I get it. So many unknowns with this team. It seems like we have a lot more talent on the team but only the games will tell us that. 

28 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Discouraging 

Overachieve and finish in the middle and I guess it is a successful year

ugh 

another year 

doesn’t seem we are moving up

It would show that last year was a massive fluke and would put the program back on track.  The first two years of Sather's squad showed improvement in the conference record and actually proved to be competitve against the top of the conference.  

If Nero, Sueker, Mathews, and Levias were all full strength last year... do they finish 6-24?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Sather isn’t going anywhere. He is bringing together key pieces to the puzzle. Eaglestaff and Omot are special. Brooks is Kansas Mr. Basketball. If these guys can jell with the returning guys this team will be a lot better. It’s a work in progress. The transfer portal threatens all mid majors but if we can add some size with athletic ability and hang on to these freshman, I would bet UND can push for a conference title in a year or two. Sather has done a good job but slowed by outgoing transfers. 

Yeah but he can’t hang on to the playas. 

we are a feeder program for sdsu

39 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Yeah but he can’t hang on to the playas. 

we are a feeder program for sdsu

Expect that zero players have gone directly to SDSU.  

What exactly have those playas done, with the expection of Rebraca*, in their new homes at the D1 level?  Give me one success story.

*We all know that Rebraca would have stayed here if it wasn't for the fact that his visa requried his grad program to be in-person and that wasn't an option.  

• Upvote 3