SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Season

SWSiouxMN

• 3 weeks later...

If they got south of SD Exit 207 (Summit) they should be fine. 

The locals call that area "The Summit Triangle". The weather is always ... interesting ... about 15 miles any direction from Summit. I drove down I29 one time in blue sky and sun and get about 10 miles from Summit and it's 200 yard visibility fog. Get to Summit, get about 10 miles away from it, back to full sun. Weird. 

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

If they got south of SD Exit 207 (Summit) they should be fine. 

The locals call that area "The Summit Triangle". The weather is always ... interesting ... about 15 miles any direction from Summit. I drove down I29 one time in blue sky and sun and get about 10 miles from Summit and it's 200 yard visibility fog. Get to Summit, get about 10 miles away from it, back to full sun. Weird. 

I've made that trip many times, it does get really weird in the Coteau Region of NE SD.

39 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

What do you guys feel a successful non-conference season looks like in terms of wins.

I am hoping for around a .500 finish (6-7 wins).

I think they could pull that off.  You already have two wins baked in with the non d-1s.

Have some winnable home games and road trips.

When I went through the schedule I had us at about .500 for non-con. I think it’s attainable. 

I think from the first game we have some talented freshman players and I expect growth through the season but will they progress enough to catch up with the top teams. I watched SDSU in their game at Akron I was expecting them to to be looking for people to fill void after loosing Wilson and Schierman. But what I saw they have added two players both freshmen it appears they have added talent that compliment’s the experience talent they have returning. It also appears that other schools in Summit have added talented freshmen this year so it’s going to be interesting year in the conference. I think how we do for the coming year will be how well Sather and his coaching staff can develop this group of players.

On 11/10/2022 at 4:06 PM, ND-fan said:

I think from the first game we have some talented freshman players and I expect growth through the season but will they progress enough to catch up with the top teams. I watched SDSU in their game at Akron I was expecting them to to be looking for people to fill void after loosing Wilson and Schierman. But what I saw they have added two players both freshmen it appears they have added talent that compliment’s the experience talent they have returning. It also appears that other schools in Summit have added talented freshmen this year so it’s going to be interesting year in the conference. I think how we do for the coming year will be how well Sather and his coaching staff can develop this group of players.

I knew that SDSU had added a couple of very good pieces at the 5 and 4.  They will be very tough to beat.  I know that St. Thomas has a talented class coming in.  I am pleasantly surprised by what I am seeing with UND and I am very executed by what this team my become.  This might be the best class for UND in sometime.  I have not see or heard anything about ORU yet.  This could be a building year for the Summit League.

I’m moving on from the Pacific game. Thursday I wouldn’t mind seeing a starting 5 of Trent, Brooks, Omot, T and Matthews. I don’t know what’s going on with Sueker but he does not have it right now. Wouldn’t mind Norman in for Brooks for shooting but make sure he knows that’s his one singular job on that side of the ball. 

53 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m moving on from the Pacific game. Thursday I wouldn’t mind seeing a starting 5 of Trent, Brooks, Omot, T and Matthews. I don’t know what’s going on with Sueker but he does not have it right now. Wouldn’t mind Norman in for Brooks for shooting but make sure he knows that’s his one singular job on that side of the ball. 

i hear ya...he looks lost for some reason?

went to the pacific game last night expecting a fun game...boy did it turn ugly quick.

reid got minutes .........then nero got minutes....not sure what is going on there...i think jalun could play a whole game and not get tired

brooks shot is bad...bad rotation and ugly release

trey and omot are so skinny...in the past those guy would redshirt but that doesn't happen at all anymore

tt looks better ...he needs to be better and get better.

hope this game was just a bad matchup .....there is talent there but that was ugly

4 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

The thing on Mathews is this:  How much can he play right now since he is coming back from his back injury and started late.  Is it 10 minutes?  15 minutes?

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

went to the pacific game last night expecting a fun game...boy did it turn ugly quick.

reid got minutes .........then nero got minutes....not sure what is going on there...i think jalun could play a whole game and not get tired

brooks shot is bad...bad rotation and ugly release

trey and omot are so skinny...in the past those guy would redshirt but that doesn't happen at all anymore

tt looks better ...he needs to be better and get better.

hope this game was just a bad matchup .....there is talent there but that was ugly

How bad are we talking here?

Jamal Webb bad or Cortes Seales bad?

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

not that bad....was just expecting a guy with his credentials to have a smoooooth shot....but it isn't anywhere near webb's mess (he still knocked in that long one aganst la tech that one time at the hightime buzzer that had all 987 of us yelling at the betty that one time)

12 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

No not that bad. It is alright on catch and shoot, but if there is any hesitation (like the one he shot against Pacific) or off the dribble it isn't going to go in. He's going to get wide open catch and shoot looks, if he shoots it confidently I don't doubt he could shoot 30-34% on catch and shoot. Which isn't great obviously but it is better than him not shooting them at all. 

4 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

No not that bad. It is alright on catch and shoot, but if there is any hesitation (like the one he shot against Pacific) or off the dribble it isn't going to go in. He's going to get wide open catch and shoot looks, if he shoots it confidently I don't doubt he could shoot 30-34% on catch and shoot. Which isn't great obviously but it is better than him not shooting them at all. 

Like I've said before... he doesn't shoot, because he is not a shooter at this point in his career. He needs to work on it, yes... but he's not going to be in the 30's this year for percentage... I'd be shocked if he shoots 15 3's this year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Like I've said before... he doesn't shoot, because he is not a shooter at this point in his career. He needs to work on it, yes... but he's not going to be in the 30's this year for percentage... I'd be shocked if he shoots 15 3's this year. 

30% on catch and shoot 3's is not even close to a 'shooter' so not sure why you're assuming I'm calling him a shooter. He is nowhere near a shooter. However, he can shoot the ball. No doubt about that. Sather needs to start forcing him to shoot 3's. Tell him that if he doesn't shoot a wide open catch and shoot 3 that he's coming out. If this team wants to be competitive him and Trent need to shoot 3's to keep the defense honest and open up driving lanes. 

• 2 weeks later...