SiouxSports.com Forum

Western Michigan at UND 2/25 - 2/26/22

SiouxFan100

6 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

He has been suspended since January. No one knew why until today. Figured it had to be pretty bad…

There’s also this circulating from who appears to be a soccer player at Western Michigan. Not great. 

73D22848-7C95-4BF9-AB32-E8EC7B4C393A.jpeg

Could this be why Andy Murray left, or was encouraged to leave?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, coltssiouxfan said:

Maybe it’s been said but Denver’s tragic number for the Penne Rosa is 5.  Meaning if UND wins tomorrow and Denver loses tomorrow we clinch the conference.  We are also locked into 1st or 2nd so we will play CC or Miami in two weeks in Grand Forks 

Hopefully UNO can duplicate their effort from tonight.
We'll need a better effort if we want points tomorrow.  Driscoll can't save them all!  :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Hopefully UNO can duplicate their effort from tonight.
We'll need a better effort if we want points tomorrow.  Driscoll can't save them all!  :)

Something tells me the Omaha players are feeling like kings of the world and are going to go out tonight and party it up, get drunk. Meanwhile, DU will stew over this loss tonight and all day tomorrow and come out tomorrow night and pound Omaha. 

7 minutes ago, tnt said:

Could this be why Andy Murray left, or was encouraged to leave?

I thought about that too but the first incident happened long before he left and apparently he was the one that named Washe captain. Timing didn’t make sense to me. After hearing everything today, I wonder how much more they really covered up. I think WMU needs to answer some questions, though not sure they ever will. I don’t think they can comment on an active criminal investigation, which is why we are just hearing about this now. 

11 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Something tells me the Omaha players are feeling like kings of the world and are going to go out tonight and party it up, get drunk. Meanwhile, DU will stew over this loss tonight and all day tomorrow and come out tomorrow night and pound Omaha. 

My gut tells me that these guys will be tough for the balance of the year. They have something to prove. Playing well, and look to be doing it with several players out

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, farce poobah said:

This game reminds me of some of the old time Denver vs UND games.  Hard nosed, make sure your pads are on tight and your chin strap is buckled.  Hockey for real men.   And we've stood the test really well for 59 minutes tonight.

Really?

I thought this game was a snooze fest.

Definitely far from a rivalry game.

Just a quick shout-out to our PK tonight...we've been hanging around 78-79% for most of the season but the boys really stepped it up tonight.  Not sure how much was Driscoll being in the 'zone' versus our penalty killers just doing a nice job keeping Western to the outside and cleaning up any juicy rebounds.  Either way, it was a solid effort all around.

Our goaltending the past month has been nothing short of fabulous.  Hats off to #33.  I'm eating crow heartily as I was in the boat of giving the net to the Swede.

This team has zero business winning the Penne with the group they've got.  But their magic number is now 2. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Our goaltending the past month has been nothing short of fabulous.  Hats off to #33.  I'm eating crow heartily as I was in the boat of giving the net to the Swede.

This team has zero business winning the Penne with the group they've got.  But their magic number is now 2. 

Driscoll was not very good up to and through the Cornell series. Now he basically has been the best player in the NCHC over the past few weeks.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Doubt that. Most college athletes want to win. They are disciplined enough to delay being stupid for 24h. Team leaders on successful teams tend to discourage this. There are always a few morons who can’t stay focused. 

19 minutes ago, burd said:

Great to see they can win that kind of game against a very good team this time of year.   Have to be able to win that way to go far in NCAAs.  

Omaha's win last night was impressive that way. 

Too bad for Omaha that they need the FFO to advance. That will be a tough road.

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm going to say that Denver wins tonight.  Omaha has been rolling at home, but Carle will have the full attention of the officials and his team this evening.  

The cup should theoretically be in the building tonight correct?  

The cup has been in the building for a while idiot.  Read Schloss' game article....

#cantfixstupid