SiouxSports.com Forum

Western Michigan at UND 2/25 - 2/26/22

SiouxFan100

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Our goaltending the past month has been nothing short of fabulous.  Hats off to #33.  I'm eating crow heartily as I was in the boat of giving the net to the Swede.

This team has zero business winning the Penne with the group they've got.  But their magic number is now 2. 

I was with you Wilbur…I think it was a good move to give Hellsten the net  when Berry did to push Zach into competing for playing time. 20-20 hindsight, I wish it would have happened before Christmas. My $0.02

4 minutes ago, ND_Texan said:

No, because we only played them twice and they were home games.

That just means the head to head tiebreaker doesn’t apply. The second tiebreaker is regulation wins and we currently have more regulation wins than Denver. So I believe we do have the tiebreaker. (For the moment at least)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Toward the end of the game the refs reviewed the time on the clock and added back on about 2 seconds more. Moments later, UND iced the puck and Berry looked visibly upset with the officials and Starman said as much. Any insight as to what he was mad about? Should more time have run off the clock? 

2 hours ago, ND_Texan said:

No, because we only played them twice and they were home games.

That's not exactly true, UND has the tiebreaker over DU due to head-to-head record. Looking this list, If both teams tied at the end of the season, UND would be the one seed. 

tie breaker.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

The refs seemed to have thought otherwise.

He talks out of both sides of his mouth. I have hundreds of faceoff pictures and that happens every faceoff. Joey Abate does it. Other Mavericks do it.