SiouxSports.com Forum

Sweep?!? Clown/JBU @ UND -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Driscoll was surprisingly good.  Man, has this team been waiting to see that again.

After a pretty disappointing 1st period, we saw UND play a more consistent &. solid game for the final two.  That is how they have to play.  With Sanderson leaving for the Olympics, at least they have some momentum now.

• Upvote 1

Big performance this weekend and a needed performance.

Thought Portz-Ness-Albrecht line had their best weekend of the season by far and all seemed to have a little more jump.

Sanderson's game tonight reminded me of the Duluth playoff game where especially in the OTs he just took over at times. 

Calder played maybe his best hockey of the season this weekend.

Driscoll was really solid in relief, still think I'd go with Hellsten next Friday though but maybe go to splitting weekends?

Moore has so many chances and Kleven as well lately, both have to feel just snakebitten.

Need to continue to build. This weekend was a very good weekend but you can't celebrate it and say see look what we can do and rest on that for even a little bit. Guys have to continue to grow and find their best hockey of the year. Really need to take care of UNO next weekend.

• Upvote 1

Bast will fit in just fine without Sanderson as the team takes on Omaha and then Colorado College.

Ness (1st goal, about time...) should spark some confidence. Kunz foot speed is improving for the college game, it's a WIP. Need all the freshman to keep improving and pushing forward. Gaber, Ford, and Calder all had great weekends.

Need more from Judd! Period

Jammer, effort was there, had great foot speed going on Friday night. 

Sweden goalie back in net next weekend, split the goalies at this point if it makes sense. Ride the hot goalie. 

27 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Big performance this weekend and a needed performance.

Thought Portz-Ness-Albrecht line had their best weekend of the season by far and all seemed to have a little more jump.

Sanderson's game tonight reminded me of the Duluth playoff game where especially in the OTs he just took over at times. 

Calder played maybe his best hockey of the season this weekend.

Driscoll was really solid in relief, still think I'd go with Hellsten next Friday though but maybe go to splitting weekends?

Moore has so many chances and Kleven as well lately, both have to feel just snakebitten.

Need to continue to build. This weekend was a very good weekend but you can't celebrate it and say see look what we can do and rest on that for even a little bit. Guys have to continue to grow and find their best hockey of the year. Really need to take care of UNO next weekend.

When you have a 4th line like Portz, Ness & Albrecht you can roll 4 lines all night no matter who you play.  I honestly thought they were our best line tonight.  Those 3 all compliment each other.  Sort of a line like the Senden line before Hain got hurt on how each of their play compliments the others.  Great weekend by the 4th line.  They were the difference.

• Upvote 3

Is it still too soon to make conclusions about pairwise?  It seems odd to me that Michigan Tech is number 7 in the pairwise with 8 losses and only one tie against a top 11 pairwise team, while we have 10 losses but 7 wins and one tie against top 11 pairwise teams.  Hoping that some of these type wins will start moving the needle a bit, as we sure tumbled fast against losses to a top 3 team, but didn’t gain much in win and a tie against top 5.