SiouxSports.com Forum

Sweep?!? Clown/JBU @ UND -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

14 minutes ago, Gma loves hockey said:

The Program sheet at the hockey game only lists 7 that are Seniors, the rest are Jr, So, or Fr.

I went online to their website and roster and counted Senior and Graduate students. They have 12. 

39 minutes ago, tnt said:

Is it still too soon to make conclusions about pairwise?  It seems odd to me that Michigan Tech is number 7 in the pairwise with 8 losses and only one tie against a top 11 pairwise team, while we have 10 losses but 7 wins and one tie against top 11 pairwise teams.  Hoping that some of these type wins will start moving the needle a bit, as we sure tumbled fast against losses to a top 3 team, but didn’t gain much in win and a tie against top 5.

Had UND won the Friday game against Cornell they would be at #7 in the Pairwise right now.:ohmy:  Ouch!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

St. Clown has about 12players that are listed as Seniors or Graduate/5th yr seniors. Half their team next year will be freshman/ portal players. Crazy. 

Much like UND last year, this is SCSU's chance to win a title before they have a bit of a fall next season.  I'd put Western Mich in there as well.  And maybe Michigan, but they'll probably just bring in six 1st round recruits again to replace their losses.  ;) 

5 hours ago, brianvf said:

Yeah the sweep at the hands of Cornell is more to blame for their current PWR ranking than last weekend at WMU.

The sweep hurt, no question, but Cornell is in the top 20 and has a solid history, including arguably the best team in college hockey history.   It's not Canisius or Niagara.  

This Hawks team works hard.  I hope they get in the tourney and raise some hell. 

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

Much like UND last year, this is SCSU's chance to win a title before they have a bit of a fall next season.  I'd put Western Mich in there as well.  And maybe Michigan, but they'll probably just bring in six 1st round recruits again to replace their losses.  ;) 

Then cancel any games that may hurt them. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

UMD as well. 

4 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Glad we kept pace with DU. Speaking of DU, man, they are on a roll! I don’t think they’ve lost since playing here in November and they’re really filling the back of the net. I do think Chrona is their one weak link though. 

Denver has to fill the net to make up for Chrona being pretty leaky. His rights were traded for a reason they lost confidence in him.

On 1/29/2022 at 11:11 PM, tnt said:

Is it still too soon to make conclusions about pairwise?  It seems odd to me that Michigan Tech is number 7 in the pairwise with 8 losses and only one tie against a top 11 pairwise team, while we have 10 losses but 7 wins and one tie against top 11 pairwise teams.  Hoping that some of these type wins will start moving the needle a bit, as we sure tumbled fast against losses to a top 3 team, but didn’t gain much in win and a tie against top 5.

Schlossman said that 5 of Tech's losses came in OT, which basically makes them ties, which certainly explains why they are where they are at despite not having major wins.  Still don't like that system, as I would like for teams to be dinged if they lose in overtime.  Depending on your situation, you may just be trying to hold on to get to overtime.