SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ St. Cloud State -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Understood we lost a lot of players from last year but we clearly don’t have the talent at this point. It is really disappointing. Outside of a couple players we just don’t have the firepower. 

We do just fine when the team is actually playing to potential. Just fine. There is something off in a team's chemistry when you see this level of inconsistency. I have no idea what it is, but Berry had better get a handle on it before the break, or this season will be a write off.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I’ll tell you what though there is no way any team in the NCHC should be out recruiting us. That is cause for concern. 

It’s the way we recruit…especially at F. Bubs likes those grinders as opposed to the more skilled guys.

1 minute ago, bcblues said:

We do just fine when the team is actually playing to potential. Just fine. There is something off in a team's chemistry when you see this level of inconsistency. I have no idea what it is, but Berry had better get a handle on it before the break, or this season will be a write off.

You can tell we don’t have any high end scorers outside of Gaber.  It’s pretty clear to see. Our defense should be good but they are just all discombobulated. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Okay historians, what's the worst loss in UND hockey history?

The loss at home to U.S. International with the Hrkac Circus comes to mind.

6-1 against BC in the Frozen Four in '08 was brutal.

Blais had a handful of absolute stinkers where we would get beat giving up 8 or so against teams like SCSU and CC.

At the end of the day, it is a long season.  My expectations coming into the season was a fight for home ice and tournament bid.  We are in excellent position for both, even if the Huskies score another 100 goals tonight.  Of course, doesn't mean I'm not disappointed.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, gfhockey said:

I’d agree

You’d agree that Berry has had one good year?

Then I’d say you missed a couple seasons in there. 
What about the year when they were ranked #1 but the postseason got cancelled with COVID? Or what about last season where they also were #1 at the end before the 17OT heartbreaker? I guess those years don’t count. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

It’s the way we recruit…especially at F. Bubs likes those grinders as opposed to the more skilled guys.

I for one am not interested in becoming another Michigan State. The 2016 team hung a green banner with skill up front and on the blueline, not copying Mike Freaking Eaves. :angry: