SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD @ UND -- Saturday Gameday

cowboys5xsbs

1 minute ago, gfhockey said:

I think we can both agree Sandy does more with less then hak or berry ever did

...and I think we can all agree that you have done the best with what you were given to work with.  I believe there was one moment you came close to stringing together a complete sentence, albeit with numerous spelling errors.

• Like 1

I still cringe at times when Moore has the puck on his stick in the D zone but kudos to him this weekend.  Kid had his best weekend in a UND jersey IMO. You can tell he definitely has some untaped offensive potential. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

UMD is really really good. Next level compared to DU. I was expecting Friday morning a split and that was with Jake and Matteo. 

Biondi is the next great player for them.  Cross bar late in the game or its 2-2.  Without Driscoll making 3 really nice saves Friday that game is more than 3-1 late to the empty netter.

Roehl has been there forever....Roth, Bender, Laderoute, Jacques, Cates, and then they add a pretty good transfer in Gilling.  Two very capable goalies as well.  

The major on Friday changed things a lot, I think the major to Duluth Saturday put them out of sequence a bit as well and helped us settle in. 

11 hours ago, gfhockey said:

I think we can both agree Sandy does more with less then hak or berry ever did

Berry I would agree with but to say he does more than Hak did is downright comical! Hak took some teams to the Frozen Four and Final Five Conference Championships that had no business talentwise (injury wise) being anywhere close to that. And how did Sandy do with less his first 10 or so seasons? Yes he's been great these past 5-6 years but a lot of the UMD alumni wanted him gone before 2011 occurred. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Berry I would agree with but to say he does more than Hak did is downright comical! Hak took some teams to the Frozen Four and Final Five Conference Championships that had no business talentwise (injury wise) being anywhere close to that. And how did Sandy do with less his first 10 or so seasons? Yes he's been great these past 5-6 years but a lot of the UMD alumni wanted him gone before 2011 occurred. 

Sandy was probably on his way out at Duluth of their 2011 run didnt happen.  

We need cut gf a little slack; he just wants to be accepted as a knowledgeable hockey guy.   He may have never said a single substantive thing about the game itself, but he keeps a close eye on the scoreboard and the banner counts.  That’s why he wins the Miss Wouldacouldashoulda award year after year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, I Ranger said:

How many nattys hak put up? 

who wants to do research? How many head coaches at und never won a natty

• Downvote 1