SiouxSports.com Forum

The Yotes

sioux24/7

Big game against USD: will be tough but UND needs the win. Go 1-0 this week. I’ll be there cheering on the UND Hawks. Gotta come out ready to play after tough close loss to bizons. 

I agree that this game will showcase either UND’s great leadership or lack thereof. I hope it’s the former. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, CMSioux said:

One could say this game is more important than the SU game (except for the rivalry part). The path to 8-3 and the playoffs leads through USD (and after that every game  one at a time).  There are no Morningside Colleges in the MVFC.  

A loss in Vermilion would be a larger set back as they are not ranked in the top 25, in the FCS STATS Top 25 Poll.
If we're hanging around the hole when the selection committee is pulling rabbits out of the hat, a slip to the Yotes here be not good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Gotta defend the leathernecks a bit on this one, even in years when their record doesn’t show it they’ve been a tough out for even the best teams in the conference a lot of years. Missouri State even though they’ve had some good years is more of who I think of as the easier game a lot of years.

They just took SIU to overtime this weekend...

I don't really see any gimmes on the schedule from here on out for UND...time to sack up and take care of business one week at a time!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

A loss in Vermilion would be a larger set back as they are not ranked in the top 25, in the FCS STATS Top 25 Poll.
If we're hanging around the hole when the selection committee is pulling rabbits out of the hat, a slip to the Yotes here be not good.

How are the not?

Massey (my go-to) has them at 11 and UND at 13. 

12 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

How are the not?

Massey (my go-to) has them at 11 and UND at 13. 

Cuz the sports casters that make the poll in STATS TOP 25 think the Yotes need to show us some more before they move them up.
Massey doesn't have the legs when it comes to the selection committee.

15/13 in the Polls. As of now, they are still in ok position. Need to win this one. I'm excited, I don't really know what to expect. How are injuries on the defensive side of the ball? Can they carry over that performance against NDSU? This defense is capable of keeping them in the rest of the games almost single-handily. Offense is a work in progress. What gives me hope is I don't think they are playing very close to their ceiling right now.

39 minutes ago, AJS said:

I don't think they are playing very close to their ceiling right now.

I keep coming back to this idea that if you run Weah on first down, Smith on second down, how much would there be left to pick up on third down?  I think this strategy will only get more effective as the O-line gels later into the season.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Dustin said:

I keep coming back to this idea that if you run Weah on first down, Smith on second down, how much would there be left to pick up on third down?  I think this strategy will only get more effective as the O-line gels later into the season.  

And heck, if we punt on 4th downs in our own territory, who knows how good we could be?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dustin said:

Ok Rudy :D   Jk  I do think Smith needs a few more carries and is a nice compliment to Otis.  I think we need to mix it up like we did on those first few drives against Utah State. 

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Don’t think he’s an OLB. Ted Mullen will see a ton more action now. MVJ as well. Next man up.

I'm definitely going to have the spot light on the OLB group. 3 of the 8 "5th year" guys were OLB's. We're going to get a lot more playing time for the next round of guys than was anticipated at the beginning of the year.