SiouxSports.com Forum

Looking Toward The Fall

geaux_sioux

Just now, gundy1124 said:

Need a Tank.  Literally, Tank Williams type.

yes exactly  two to keep everyone fresh.  I was thinking of the Red River guy in the DII era.  man he had a push.  I think UND was giving up like 80 rushing yds a game.

8 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

yes exactly  two to keep everyone fresh.  I was thinking of the Red River guy in the DII era.  man he had a push.  I think UND was giving up like 80 rushing yds a game.

I think of a Central guy in Mark Callahan. 

• Upvote 1

How big of an impact would having a healthy Beach / Orlando be this Fall? Would just being fully healthy and being able to rotate to keep everyone fresh incrementally improve that position? 

29 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Without two legit dudes at nose who require a double team and can plug both a gaps the 3-4 is a shell of itself.

You need the right personnel to run a particular scheme? :huh:

;)  :) 

I don't have time to give my full thoughts on the year that was, but I will say I'm very excited for the fall.  We need some beef on the DL and some more depth at safety (and a few other areas), but we're pretty close.......

• Upvote 2

Now that football is over we as UND sports fans should start getting excited for the next sports season coming up in the major sports.  Lets see what would that be. Oh yea. It is almost time for  “football” again. 

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Basically we need our front 7 to look like our 2015 team. You run those guys out there this year and we are likely national champs. Think about the size of those LBs. We’re way smaller now and it doesn’t work. 

bring back will!!!!!!!!

Our line only gave up one sack this year.....crazy.  

Tommy with some more experience could really run this offense like a well oiled machine.  Especially getting Boltman back and having Otis geared up to make his run at the Walter Payton award.  I think a scenario where Quincy sees 30% of the snaps a game could exist and teams would have a tough time preparing especially if they let Quincy loose and throw it more.

NDSU at the Alerus for the first time since a certain Reid Anderson made a big stop in OT.  First sellout at the Al since????  If they allow a full stadium that is. 

• Upvote 1

Many on bison like are jealous of our offense this spring including being jealous of our QB play. UND’s offense with NDSU’s defense would have won it all this year.... just need to get better

and they have realize not recruiting Weah, Belquist, or Feeney may come back to haunt.....

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Many on bison like are jealous of our offense this spring including being jealous of our QB play. UND’s offense with NDSU’s defense would have won it all this year.... just need to get better

and they have realize not recruiting Weah, Belquist, or Feeney may come back to haunt.....

Should I take joy in the transfer news of Logan "ride the pines behind 2 Crappy QB's" Graetz, the NDSU QB that played UND for a scholarship offer only to get an offer from NDSU, that set in motion Tommy Gun coming to UND and being way better than Zeb "1 hit wonder at Iowa State' Noland and Cam "Superman 39% completion percentage with 2 INTs" Miller?  

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Should I take joy in the transfer news of Logan "ride the pines behind 2 Crappy QB's" Graetz, the NDSU QB that played UND for a scholarship offer only to get an offer from NDSU, that set in motion Tommy Gun coming to UND and being way better than Zeb "1 hit wonder at Iowa State' Noland and Cam "Superman 39% completion percentage with 2 INTs" Miller?  

1125B689-F12B-465E-BD68-A2A3A1560CC4.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Our line only gave up one sack this year.....crazy.  

Tommy with some more experience could really run this offense like a well oiled machine.  Especially getting Boltman back and having Otis geared up to make his run at the Walter Payton award.  I think a scenario where Quincy sees 30% of the snaps a game could exist and teams would have a tough time preparing especially if they let Quincy loose and throw it more.

NDSU at the Alerus for the first time since a certain Reid Anderson made a big stop in OT.  First sellout at the Al since????  If they allow a full stadium that is. 

We only gave up one sack? Amazing!!! Absolutely amazing. Then how many sacks did we do? Would either of these be a record for the Sioux???

I WILL be at that game....it could be a blood bath... I may need to celebrate afterwards.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Someone refresh my memory on what happened here.  I remember the Omaha kid going to Texas St., but not this guy.

12 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Gotta beat the team that kept us out of the playoffs in ‘15 and ‘18

That would be ourselves. We must be more consistent and can’t beat ourselves. With improved oline play and improving defense we can do that. 

• Upvote 2