SiouxSports.com Forum

Looking Toward The Fall

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Gotta beat the team that kept us out of the playoffs in ‘15 and ‘18

Precisely! The opening game is exactly four months away. That game in 2019 sucked; time to make the Bengals pay. I've been waiting a long time to attend the first two games this coming season. At least it appears that they may be able to play a respectable game in Logan the following week.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

Someone refresh my memory on what happened here.  I remember the Omaha kid going to Texas St., but not this guy.

Omaha Kid to Texas St. (that went well for him)

Another kid.....maybe from Co went to Wyoming (don't remember his name)

Graetz played us for fools and went to NDSU

Landed Tommy Gun as a Grand Valley State commit

• Like 2

On 5/3/2021 at 1:31 PM, The Sicatoka said:

You need the right personnel to run a particular scheme? :huh:

;)  :) 

The concept is that your 3 down linemen tie up the offensive linemen, disrupting their schemes and keep them off of our linebackers who make plays. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Before we find out who's staying and who's leaving, anyone have any guesses?

3 OL leave, Rastas, Gee and Shannon leave

Turner, Haas and Holm stay.  

not sure on Richter, Paulson, Finke, Stage

59 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

The concept is that your 3 down linemen tie up the offensive linemen, disrupting their schemes and keep them off of our linebackers who make plays. 

Precisely.  Lineman eat the blocks, LB's make the tackles.  Hopefully at the line of scrimmage.  Ira has scene it happen many time.  3-4 is a great defense.

• Upvote 1

What keeps me awake is keeping Danny on staff.  Maybe not this coming year but teams have got to be looking at him as a target for head or higher paying coordinator.  Chaves and Bubba need to be communicating a path of succession and rewarding him.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Class_of_98 said:

What keeps me awake is keeping Danny on staff.  Maybe not this coming year but teams have got to be looking at him as a target for head or higher paying coordinator.  Chaves and Bubba need to be communicating a path of succession and rewarding him.

Danny has a high ceiling.  He also loves UND. He will mostly likely a HC at UND in time.  Most likely moving up after UNfD if he wants to.  Destine  to be be a FBS coach

15 minutes ago, Class_of_98 said:

I’ve thought about this a lot too. 

2 minutes ago, homer said:

Agreed.  Of my not sure I leaned heavily towards adding him to the will be back

He is an excellent blocker, and big guy with good hands. Bright guy. Fits in nicely. SDSU wanted him. 

1 minute ago, iramurphy said:

He is an excellent blocker, and big guy with good hands. Bright guy. Fits in nicely. SDSU wanted him. 

I like him a lot.  I had heard he was coming to UND in December and was pretty excited.  Watched a few Moorhead games.  I think he has a solid year next year with this spring in the system.  

• Upvote 1

I'm officially into trying to decipher social media posts territory. Jaxson Turner's Instagram post appears to be a goodbye, not a see you in the Fall. Hope I'm not reading into that correctly.

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I'm officially into trying to decipher social media posts territory. Jaxson Turner's Instagram post appears to be a goodbye, not a see you in the Fall. Hope I'm not reading into that correctly.

Post it...