SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ James Madison Sunday May 2nd 5:00 PM Central Quarterfinals

SiouxFan100

53 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I hear you there, that is why I said minus those first two drives :D   In our first two games of the season, it sucked giving up easy early drives.  Yet at the same time it was nice to see them respond.  We need to weather the storm early against JMU.  I'd take 0-0 score at the end of first quarter! 

Gotta be within 10pts at the half. Like at NDSU, down 6-14 at the half was manageable. We ended up down 6-21 because of that stupid long TD pass and that changed everything.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Tom Miller has a great article about the relationship between Freund and touchdown Tommy.

"Freund says one of Schuster's biggest strengths is his smarts. He's a good student and an avid film consumer."

can he convert 3rd and 9 at our own 42?

20 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I hear you there, that is why I said minus those first two drives :D   In our first two games of the season, it sucked giving up easy early drives.  Yet at the same time it was nice to see them respond.  We need to weather the storm early against JMU.  I'd take 0-0 score at the end of first quarter! 

Speaking of weather, forecast for Harrisonburg on Sunday is 82 and partly cloudy, 9 mph wind.  So weather should not be a factor.  

22 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Speaking of weather, forecast for Harrisonburg on Sunday is 82 and partly cloudy, 9 mph wind.  So weather should not be a factor.  

Better have the cooling stations out. When’s the last time we’ve played in a game that warm?

5 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Better have the cooling stations out. When’s the last time we’ve played in a game that warm?

Since it's an evening game, the temperature should be cooling as the game goes on, and will be played mostly in the shadows of the stadium's west bleachers.  I don't think the weather will have any sort of negative factor.  If anything, since we are an indoor team, we are fortunate that we should be able to develop and execute a game plan just the same as playing at home. 

• Upvote 3

To all those that know more than I (everyone that would be)

how do we prevent JMU from running it down our throats like the bisons did?  

having a healthy nose guard will help lots. As far as the defensive scheme?? Do the down linemen shorten their gaps? Do you just have to be more physical?

I have read and heard some of the UND quoted  "we want more"  after each win.  I liked that, staying hungry.

Yesterday in a Tom Miller article Bubba was quoted saying "we want to do more".  

Nice twist by Bubba and puts the focus on preparation and execution.

I believe this team has the it factor.

This team can definitely do more.

• Upvote 1

Last road playoff game UND had to get dressed in a tent, had a QB that was mentally fragile and was a total sieve vs the run. Just need to worry about one of those issues today.

There really is no overstating the opportunity that this game provides. You hope for once the moment isn't too big for this program, because when you break it down, it can be overwhelming. Start fast.