SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring 2021 FCS Playoffs

The Sicatoka

18 minutes ago, tnt said:

Do they not call taunting in college football. I switched over from the UND at the half and saw Bison player get up in someone’s face or stand over them 3 times with no call.

And Weah leaps into the end zone and gets a flag.  Unless there is something I missed on the replay, that flag on Weah was ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, ND1 said:

So what If both und and NDSU win next week, who gets to host the semi final? Do both submit bids, highest hosts ?

This is what I was wondering as well. If you're UND you have to hedge your bet. Even if it is a financial loss, you have to host this game for the program.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

This is what I was wondering as well. If you're UND you have to hedge your bet. Even if it is a financial loss, you have to host this game for the program.

call jimmy call dr death, call mr chipman....call norm skalicky, call engelstad's sister brothers sister in greenbush.......find the damn money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

call jimmy call dr death, call mr chipman....call norm skalicky, call engelstad's sister brothers sister in greenbush.......find the damn money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bids for all rounds have been submitted prior to the start of the playoffs.  They don’t finish one week and rebid.  Every team has put all their chips on the table for all rounds well before the field was even selected.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, the green team said:

The bids for all rounds have been submitted prior to the start of the playoffs.  They don’t finish one week and rebid.  Every team has put all their chips on the table for all rounds well before the field was even selected.  

Will they have teams rebid now that they will allow 50%?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Will they have teams rebid now that they will allow 50%?

This I don’t know.  I’m guessing no.  The NCAA likes to get all the i’s dotted and t’s crossed as much as possible before post season events.  That is why March Madness opening rounds and regional final venues are determined well out. Same with hockey regionals etc.   My guess whomever is the chair of the comittee has all the bids on a spreadsheet and will get up tomorrow and have a meeting at like 8am with ESPN for game times and venues. Then release that time out to the institutions-where one will get to the planning as the host, while the other’s administrators and FB staff will immediately go to work on travel arrangements in short order.  While a post season is going on, I can’t imagine the NCAA saying—-well now you have until 4p Sunday to get your re-bid in.  Then we’ll go through them, and then we’ll organize times with our television partner (in this case, espn).  If you were a team with any chance at the playoffs a month ago and had an interest in hosting...then you submitted at that time, whether you made it or not.