SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring 2021 FCS Playoffs

The Sicatoka

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

JMU just ran a reverse flea flicker for a big play.  Doesn't really count though.....right??

Asking for Midwestern  Hawk

Also the guy was wide open by 5 yards.....and QB severely under threw him so he had to slow down and got caught after catching the ball.  Probably would have been easy TD if he hit him somewhat in stride.  Not sure how JMU is winning with this guy under center :D  

10 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Interceptions seem to be the play of the day. The announcers rubbed in about the JuiceU loss....

Sammy QB can scramble and throw deep.  But interception city.  Same QB came to UND and was intercepted 2 or 3 times.  Cost them the game.

6 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Epic collapse in third qtr for JMU.  Unreal start to 4 th qtr.

No doubt.  Not sure I've ever seen such a turnaround in 5-7  minutes before, crazy.  I guess the JMU coach may not be able to whine about not being the #1 seed after today.  Still lots of time yet though. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Do the Janke SDSU receivers have “elite” speed?

are the jankes better than our receivers?

No.  Here are 2 big pass plays vs us.  Our present QB can't make those throws.  The first one is a bit under thrown.  

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

No.  Here are 2 big pass plays vs us.  Our present QB can't make those throws.  The first one is a bit under thrown.  

Tommy Schuster could make those throws in his sleep. Nothing special here from SDSU - two posts right down the middle of the field. UND did an awful job in coverage on both. 

15 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Tommy Schuster could make those throws in his sleep. Nothing special here from SDSU - two posts right down the middle of the field. UND did an awful job in coverage on both. 

I was thinking the same thing. Tommy can and has done those throws... I have seen them in game and scrimmage scenarios, over the past 2 years. And he will do more of them in the future as we install speedier receivers and he grows from being a freshman to an even more seasoned vet (scary, huh?). Currently, Belquist doesn't need gadget plays to get open. He's qot quicks and can catch. Just hope he heals up well.  The D-Line and safety are my concern. Not QB at all.

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Not only can Tommy make that throw in is sleep.  So can Danny Freund, Sam King, Quincy Vaughn, Trey Feeney, Kevin Feeney, Harrison Feeney, Cam Miller, Zeb Noland and Zeb Miller

2 hours ago, the green team said:

Not only can Tommy make that throw in is sleep.  So can Danny Freund, Sam King, Quincy Vaughn, Trey Feeney, Kevin Feeney, Harrison Feeney, Cam Miller, Zeb Noland and Zeb Miller

Nope.  Tommy didn’t even attempt the first throw all season.  Safety over top, 50 yard throw.  Nope.

To be fair

I don’t know if tommy has made these passes - seems like he has thrown 50 yard passes

if he hasn’t i don’t know if it is because he can’t or just hasn’t 

he will get bigger and stronger  - we could be a lot worse off 

sdsu qb is impressive but we beat that team (not saying we would have again- they look very good and are in a roll and have all the pieces)