SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Ohio Penguins to win The Valley

siouxfan512

It has been a fun Spring, but this is what it comes down to. Win and we are in. Lose and we are starting offseason training. It will be tough coming off of a month break, but this team came out of the gate flying in February too. If there was ever a time or an opportunity for a statement win, it is now!

Nobody has put more than 30 point on this team, and while they have only won 1 game, they have had some really close losses including SDSU by 2 and Western by 3 ... pretty close again SIU too. They allow about 150 on the ground and about 160 through the air; we need to beat those averages. While their defense doesn't seem too bad, their offense has had plenty of struggles, 166 rushing and about 100 passing. If we can get a lead early they will have trouble catching back up. Should be interesting and I hope the boys are ready to go!

Like I said, needs to be a statement win here. 35-7 or 35-10 ... something to that effect. A 24-21 win will get us in, but will look much different in the eyes of the committee.

Anyone know how are team is doing regarding injuries? There has certainly been some time to heal up, just hope they are staying fresh.

Thoughts?!?!

.... And winning a share of The Valley would be pretty cool too!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

It has been a fun Spring, but this is what it comes down to. Win and we are in. Lose and we are starting offseason training. It will be tough coming off of a month break, but this team came out of the gate flying in February too. If there was ever a time or an opportunity for a statement win, it is now!

Nobody has put more than 30 point on this team, and while they have only won 1 game, they have had some really close losses including SDSU by 2 and Western by 3 ... pretty close again SIU too. They allow about 150 on the ground and about 160 through the air; we need to beat those averages. While their defense doesn't seem too bad, their offense has had plenty of struggles, 166 rushing and about 100 passing. If we can get a lead early they will have trouble catching back up. Should be interesting and I hope the boys are ready to go!

Like I said, needs to be a statement win here. 35-7 or 35-10 ... something to that effect. A 24-21 win will get us in, but will look much different in the eyes of the committee.

Anyone know how are team is doing regarding injuries? There has certainly been some time to heal up, just hope they are staying fresh.

Thoughts?!?!

.... And winning a share of The Valley would be pretty cool too!

Know Canady is out. Wonder who steps in and replaces him. But wondering about Morrison? He got injured in NDSU game right?

For the time being, I've given up on saying we need to get a statement/blowout win on the road.  Just win the damn game.  Yes I'd like a nice 20 point win, but given our history I'll just take a win and a likely home playoff game.  Hopefully after being off for a while they are able to be sharp, focused, and motivated just like the first game of the year.  That is what I want to see. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Can anyone tell if that is Canady wearing #25 in this week's report from KVRR Fox in in Fargo?  Or is it old footage from earlier in the year?  If it's him, he's in better shape than I had been led to believe.

https://www.kvrr.com/2021/04/12/und-football-sees-positives-in-covid-layoff-as-team-returns-to-game-action/

I'd guess it was old b-roll footage.  

Here to emphasize Win and You're in.

This has been the perfect scenario for UND. Not only looking at Spring Football and the playoffs, but also ahead to Fall. You get a month off to heal and collect yourselves and then back to live action. From a total number of "regular" season games, 6 seems more manageable in the Spring than 8.  

Win and you pick up momentum. Playoffs. It's a very important game.

14 minutes ago, AJS said:

Here to emphasize Win and You're in.

This has been the perfect scenario for UND. Not only looking at Spring Football and the playoffs, but also ahead to Fall. You get a month off to heal and collect yourselves and then back to live action. From a total number of "regular" season games, 6 seems more manageable in the Spring than 8.  

Win and you pick up momentum. Playoffs. It's a very important game.

Why not us? Why not now? Go UND!

• Upvote 2