SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Ohio Penguins to win The Valley

siouxfan512

What the heck.  I would like to think that if we had a losing spring season that we wouldn't just quit. 

Teams had the option of opting in or out at the beginning.  But once they made the commitment to play shouldn't they just play?  Or am I missing something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, jon28 said:

Youngstown opted out

This flat out pisses me off.  Either you are playing this spring or not.  If they were in the running for a playoff spot these teams would not be opting out.  Nothing will be done, but this is inexcusable.

If you are going to opt out do it much earlier than this.  Give UND a chance to get another team on the schedule.

Unbelievable. It's not even Covid, just weak sause.

The Penguins played a league-high seven games in eight weeks this spring, and determined earlier today they could not play the game on Saturday.  

https://valley-football.org/news/2021/4/14/football-mvfc-cancels-youngstown-state-north-dakota-game.aspx

Then again, also in that link ... 

North Dakota will be idle this weekend, and the Fighting Hawks (4-1 in league play) will share the league title with Missouri State and the winner of Saturday's North Dakota State-South Dakota State contest ...

Hang it. :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

So UND should be the AQ if SDSU beats NDSU. 

Nope. That would still be SDSU as they would be 3-0 against the 3 common opponents between UND, SDSU and MSU (which are WIU, SIU and NDSU). MSU and UND are 2-1 against that group.

Tiebreakers found here:
https://herosports.com/fcs-football-conference-tiebreaker-playoff-auto-bid-bzbz/

7 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

You can think that, but it’s not how it works. I think a 4-1 UND team likely ranked 5 or 6 after this week gets in. 

That is how it works.  Missouri st and ndsu would have 2 loses.  SDSU and UND have 1 loss.  UND would have tie breaker.