SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Ohio Penguins to win The Valley

siouxfan512

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This whole "spring" season has been one of the biggest jokes I've  seen in the past year plus.....and that's saying a lot.

Shut it all down......continuing is just nonsense.

From what I can tell the team wants to play so if we make the playoffs I hope we play. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Big Green said:

That is how it works.  Missouri st and ndsu would have 2 loses.  SDSU and UND have 1 loss.  UND would have tie breaker.

No it’s not. For a two way tie you are correct. But if there is a 3 way tie (which there will be) it doesn’t work that way.   Just read  not going to argue if you are going to be stubborn.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-conference-tiebreaker-playoff-auto-bid-bzbz/

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

No it’s not. For a two way tie you are correct. But if there is a 3 way tie (which there will be) it doesn’t work that way.   Just read  not going to argue if you are going to be stubborn.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-conference-tiebreaker-playoff-auto-bid-bzbz/

It would be a 2 way tie under my senecio.  Missouri st and ndsu would have 2 losses.  UND and SDSU with 1 loss.  

Youngstown really screwed us.  If they cancel earlier this Saturday  would be open for Missouri st to come here. 

5 minutes ago, Big Green said:

It would be a 2 way tie under my senecio.  Missouri st and ndsu would have 2 losses.  UND and SDSU with 1 loss.  

Youngstown really screwed us.  If they cancel earlier this Saturday  would be open for Missouri st to come here. 

Oh sorry man. Didn’t see you were meaning if we played Missouri St and win. My bad. 

2 hours ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Can dog poo teams opt out in the fall?

At one time I would have said no, but the WAY things have been going I sure wouldn't bet against it.   The whole thing sucks, teams need to man up and play.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hawkster said:

At one time I would have said no, but they things have been going I sure wouldn't bet against it.   The whole thing sucks, teams need to man up and play.

Pretty soon the games will be virtual based on 40 times, agility tests, etc.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

technically almost half of all fcs "opt out" of the playoffs every year...have armacost call the MWC commish and let's move on.

Good one......he can't even figure out the educational part on campus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If this is not Covid related and they just decided to cancel the game, it should be a forfeit and we get the win. 

Without question, the cancellation sucks, but what would a forfeit do in this case? UND is already a conference co-champion, an added win doesn't have any bearing on the MVFC automatic qualifier situation, and the playoff selection committee would ignore it. It would only be an extra, only-on-paper, win in the historic win/loss stats. And it's not like YSU would care; 1-7 instead of 1-6? Whoopdi-do in this messed up season.

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Sucks that Youngstown couldn’t make this announcement last Saturday. Could have got Missouri St to come to the Alerus this week. 

Sure, Missouri State would be willing to come to Grand Forks to give up their first MVFC title in how many years?