SiouxSports.com Forum

Remainder of 2020 Spring Season and Potential Playoffs.

Midwestern Hawk

This is Craig Haley.  In correct with UND at NDSU.

CRAIG HALEY’S BRACKET PROJECTION

The winners in these groups of first-round matchups would meet in the second round:

VMI (6-1) at No. 1 seed James Madison (5-0)

Sacred Heart (3-1) at Delaware (5-0

Missouri State (5-4) at No. 4 seed Weber State (5-0)

Southern Illinois (5-3) at Eastern Washington (5-1)

Monmouth (3-0) at No. 3 seed Sam Houston (6-0)

Davidson (4-2) at .Jacksonville State (9-2)

Holy Cross (3-0) at No. 2 seed South Dakota State (5-1)

North Dakota (4-1) at North Dakota State (6-2) – teams met during regular season, but offer regional pairing

Switch Missouri St. And Southern Illinois

Next switch UND with EWU.

Now you have corrected the bracket 

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

SDSU is the autobid. And they just beat the #2 team in the country. 

Not just the #2 team in the country, but the defending National Champ and THE team everyone knows about in this division.

13 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I think Sam Herder’s will be pretty close to what plays out.  But here is another take from No Bowls:

http://www.nobowls.com/index.html

Dom also has UND going to Sammy and Sammy a seed.  How can Sammy be a seed over UND.  SIU lost to UND big.  Sammy barely beat SEL.  SiU beat SEL.  Makes no sense.  Make UND the Seed and bring Sammy to US.  I saw this a couple of places.  Did NDSU submit a small bid thinking they would be placed higher.  Now a loss to the Jacks changes that.

14 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I think Sam Herder’s will be pretty close to what plays out.  But here is another take from No Bowls:

http://www.nobowls.com/index.html

If we have to go on the road to play a #3 seed in the first round, to me that is complete BullS%&T.   Also if we have to play SDSU in second round as laid out in that other bradcket, that also kinda blows.  I would prefer to be swapped with NDSU in that one bracket where they play EWU and then Weber. 

22 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

If we have to go on the road to play a #3 seed in the first round, to me that is complete BullS%&T.   Also if we have to play SDSU in second round as laid out in that other bradcket, that also kinda blows.  I would prefer to be swapped with NDSU in that one bracket where they play EWU and then Weber. 

Please remember UND is still the new kid on the block.  UND will get no favors.  Everyone else opposing UND will get favors.  No Idea how the playoffs look but NDSU and SDSu and other are not interested in what is right.  What ever works of NDSU is great a d SDSU to a lesser extent.

10 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Please remember UND is still the new kid on the block.  UND will get no favors.  Everyone else opposing UND will get favors.  No Idea how the playoffs look but NDSU and SDSu and other are not interested in what is right.  What ever works of NDSU is great a d SDSU to a lesser extent.

Oh I get we won't get any favors or benefit of the doubt.  However at the end of March the committee had us at #5, and we haven't lost since then.  Granted we haven't won or played another game since then, but still.  I don't know how they could drop us to lower than 6-7, and I don't see how it makes sense for a 6-7 type ranked/seed should go on the road to the #3 seed.  Although I guess since they are only seeding 4 teams, maybe to them it doesn't matter if you would have been #5 or #13 if they listed them out from 1-16. 

If they are taking 4 teams from MVFC, SDSU is top ranked and they would be in top position.  Missouri State and UND were also co champs. I would assume we would be number 2 team. I can’t imagine we would be in same first bracket with SDSU. I would think it would be either NDSU or Missouri State In rabbit bracket. 

Let the chips fall where they may. As much as I hope for a home playoff game of course, I'm ok with wherever they end up. I know I'll be in the minority, but for some reason I was really excited with Haley's projected first round matchup sending UND right back to Fargo. Fully realizing that for whatever reasons right now (current NDSU team) that I still think that UND has the lowest % to win their over any other place in FCS, the game on March 20th was so bad, that I want them to have another shot. 

Excited for it.

Side note: I have no problem with Weber / SHSU as undefeated Conference Champs getting seeded. Zero. It would be weird with no real non-conference games to seed 2 teams from one conference. I really do have a problem with SDSU getting a seed over UND. What are we doing if head to head doesn't matter. It really is bizarre that nobody seems to be bringing this up (Regional / National level outside of UND Fans).