SiouxSports.com Forum

New rivalry game name

gfhockey

32 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

Hard no on melting down the current nickel, but I wouldn't be opposed to a new one based on the 2004 Lewis&Clark design, commemorating the expedition's winter in ND. 

You could probably get that nicklelisted on the National Rehister of Historic Places... they do objects and monuments.... it may need to be on public display...safely. You could get grants to do the nomination And then secure a location 

just saying PROTECT AND SAVE IT!

5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

This is the best idea by far.

On second thought, this would probably be even more offensive.  Just use the damn nickle.  It doesn't matter if we aren't the sioux anymore its just a rivalry trophy.  A new trophy would mean nothing because anything else pales in comparison.  Its the history of the trophy itself that matters.

• Upvote 1

Isn’t there a mutual organization on each campus that supervised the trophy handling?  Was it the Key Club. I’m sure that group probably went away back in ‘03. I say the students (from both schools) need to come up with something creative. 

35 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Isn’t there a mutual organization on each campus that supervised the trophy handling?  Was it the Key Club. I’m sure that group probably went away back in ‘03. I say the students (from both schools) need to come up with something creative. 

The Golden Juul

47 minutes ago, Higgins said:

The kids lack creativity. 

This must be done properly by the Gen X'ers or early Millennials.

Ox-Cart Trophy.  

In the early 1800's, before railroads, area traders, trappers, and farmers moved their product to market along a trail that stretched from the Twin Cities to Winnipeg via Ox Carts.  The route went through Fargo and Grand Forks, and was critical to early commerce and the establishment of both cities.

And yes, I am full of exciting facts like this............

9 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Ox-Cart Trophy.  

In the early 1800's, before railroads, area traders, trappers, and farmers moved their product to market along a trail that stretched from the Twin Cities to Winnipeg via Ox Carts.  The route went through Fargo and Grand Forks, and was critical to early commerce and the establishment of both cities.

First one I’d actually consider

• 3 weeks later...

I got it.  Lets form a committee that will take recommendations from fans of both schools.  The lists of names for the trophy will be discussed by the committee and then narrowed down to a list of 10.  The committee will then narrow the list down to 5 ideas and then people will vote on them.  Winner will have to get at least 50% of the vote.  If not, the list will be narrowed to a top 3 and voted on and then a top 2 and voted on if necessary.  Once the name of the trophy is decided, UND and NDSU Presidents will hire a marketing firm from New York and pay them $50,000 to come up with a trophy design.  No outside input will be considered or voted on for the trophy design.  

An original idea that I think sound like it will work great.  Don't see any problems arising from it!!:D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I got it.  Lets form a committee that will take recommendations from fans of both schools.  The lists of names for the trophy will be discussed by the committee and then narrowed down to a list of 10.  The committee will then narrow the list down to 5 ideas and then people will vote on them.  Winner will have to get at least 50% of the vote.  If not, the list will be narrowed to a top 3 and voted on and then a top 2 and voted on if necessary.  Once the name of the trophy is decided, UND and NDSU Presidents will hire a marketing firm from New York and pay them $50,000 to come up with a trophy design.  No outside input will be considered or voted on for the trophy design.  

An original idea that I think sound like it will work great.  Don't see any problems arising from it!!:D

Probably end up with the Feather-Horn trophy.

12 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Will they referring to urban dictionary to check the names?

35 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Need a committee to make sure the trophy production is green... I'll call Greta

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

The W-2 Bowl.  Sponsored by gfhockey.  The trophy will be a giant beer can.  Each year the score of the game, and gfhockey's W-2 wages for that year, will be etched onto the can for posterity.    

Everyone please hold your cards; we believe we have a good bingo. :D 

5 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Don't forget the committee to form the committee...also, if the majority pick something the U Presidents don't like, just throw it away and pick something horrible and generic.;)

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2021 at 10:05 PM, bincitysioux said:

Ox-Cart Trophy.  

And fits with the western Minnesotans being involved. 

7 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

The W-2 Bowl.  Sponsored by gfhockey.  The trophy will be a giant beer can.  Each year the score of the game, and gfhockey's W-2 wages for that year, will be etched onto the can for posterity.    

You mean the W-2 Bole.