1 Minnesota vs 4 Omaha 

2 St Could vs 3 Notre Dame

Bridgeport

1 BC vs 4 American International 

2 Quinipiac vs 3 BU

Albany

1 Minnesota St vs 4 Providence

2 Massachusetts vs 3 Michigan 

I hope not.  NCHC and Big 10 will both be very unhappy.

I still don't understand how Mankato has a higher Pairwise rating than us. I understand Pairwise is meaningless this year but I still don't get it. Also how AIC can be listed 3rd is beyond me.

Now with this loss to Northern Michigan, you would think Mankato's pairwise would take a bit of a hit.

UND, Mankato, Duluth, Bemidji.  Your bus ride Fargo regional.  They can easily argue Mankato has slid behind teams like WI, SC, and UMass to justify their 2-seed placement.  The only potential issue is that two Bemidji wins could make it tough to call them a 4. 

49 minutes ago, jk said:

UND, Mankato, Duluth, Bemidji.  Your bus ride Fargo regional.  They can easily argue Mankato has slid behind teams like WI, SC, and UMass to justify their 2-seed placement.  The only potential issue is that two Bemidji wins could make it tough to call them a 4. 

That regional would be brutal.

1 hour ago, jk said:

If Bemidji wins the WCHA they could move to the 3 line and come to Fargo to play Wisconsin. 

3 hours ago, crb1 said:

I still don't understand how Mankato has a higher Pairwise rating than us. I understand Pairwise is meaningless this year but I still don't get it. Also how AIC can be listed 3rd is beyond me.

Now with this loss to Northern Michigan, you would think Mankato's pairwise would take a bit of a hit.

I think it's due to some leagues having a nonconference series or two. Gives a nice bump when beating a team that then goes and beats teams in another conference.

I like Fenton, but I think the east - west thing made to much of seeing same team. And the NCHC should've allowed 1 nonconference eries if teams able to schedule. Just to shore up some pwr and rpi.

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

I think it's due to some leagues having a nonconference series or two. Gives a nice bump when beating a team that then goes and beats teams in another conference.

I like Fenton, but I think the east - west thing made to much of seeing same team. And the NCHC should've allowed 1 nonconference eries if teams able to schedule. Just to shore up some pwr and rpi.

You're right...a little non-conf and a slightly more even interconference schedule would have likely gone a long way to avoid playing teams 6 times and provide a small comparison to other conferences.  On the flip side, CC probably would have gotten the Covid 5 more times and only got 4 games in.;)