1 seeds:

North Dakota, Minnesota, BC, Wisconsin

2 seeds:

St. Cloud, Duluth, Mankato, Michigan

3 seeds:

UMass, Quinnipiac, BU, LSSU

4 seeds:

Omaha, AIC, Providence, St. Lawrence

Really ECAC should get only St. Lawrence in, but they'll put Quinnipiac in. For me its a toss-up between Providence, Bemidji, and BGSU. Mankato lost a 1 seed with their loss to Northern Michigan, the last 1 seed was between Wisconsin and St. Cloud. There is no reason any of these teams can't take a flight, they did flights for all the other tournaments. 

Fargo:

North Dakota - St. Lawrence

Mankato - UMass

Loveland:

Minnesota - Providence

Duluth - LSSU

Bridgeport:

BC - AIC

Michigan - Quinnipiac

Albany:

Wisconsin - Omaha

St. Cloud - BU

cberkas, I love that each of your regions include teams from four different conferences, except that Omaha and SC appear together.  I wish the committee assembled them like that all the time, to make it a more national tournament. Unfortunately, they actually came out and said they have been instructed to limit flights, so I expect it to end up pretty local. 

4 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I of course jacked up my placement last night by not putting Quinnipiac in Bridgeport. They will be there. I’m going to give a different approach here in a minute...I’m sure you are all on baited breath hahaha

HUSTLE!!!!!!!!! :lol:

So here it goes....start with quality win adjusted RPI and then add or subtract bonuses based on strength of conference.  NCHC gets +.03, Hockey East and Big10 gets +.02, ECAC and WCHA get no adjustment, Atlantic get -.03.

your top 16 teams in order: 

UND, Mankato, Minny, BC, UMass, WI, SCSU, LSSU, BU, UMD, Michigan, BGSU, AIC, BSU, Quinnipiac, Omaha.

so, pressure test the conference factors.  I think we’ve been too generous with the WCHA with them getting 4 into the top 16.  So let’s go to PWR to compare teams in same conference.  This gets really hairy between BGSU and BSU.  BGSU has the better PWR, but BSU won the season series head to head.  BGSU also never beat Mankato nor LSSU.  Therefore Bemidji is in, BGSU is out.

St Lawrence is the 16 seed with a losing record, but an autobid out of a decimated conference. 

so now I have: UND, Mankato, Minny, BC, UMass, WI, SCSU, LSSU, BU, UMD, Michigan,AIC, BSU, Quinnipiac, Omaha, St Lawrence

ive got 4 NCHC, 3 Hockey East, 3 Big 10, 3 WCHA, 2 ECAC, and 1 Atlantic.

that corresponds pretty well with my conference point adjuster, the only real argument here is does CT or Providence bounce Bemidji?  CT has a losing record.  They are out.  Providence went 11-9-5, BSU went 15-9-3.  I’m giving it to the Beavers.

Again pressure testing my adjusters, I think you swap positions of AIC and Quinnipiac.  I also think Minnesota’s BiG10 title boosts them ahead of Mankato.  Therefore my 16 seeds in order:  UND, Minny, Mankato, BC, UMass, WI, SCSU, LSSU, BU, UMD, Michigan, Quinnipiac, BSU, AIC, Omaha, St Lawrence.  

Now let’s place-

fargo:  UND/St Lawrence

LSSU/BU

loveland:  Minny/Omaha

SCSU/UMD

albany:  Mankato/AiC

WI/MI

Bridgeport:

BC/BSU

uMass/Quinnipiac 

swap UMD and MI and you are done!

LSSU/BU

SCSU/MI

WI/UMD

Bridgeport:

BC/BSU

uMass/Quinnipiac

now will the committee Jack around with this bracket due to travel, etc...once the smoke clears from the back room and you can see the red leather chairs, we will know!

29 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Now let’s place-

LSSU/BU

SCSU/UMD

WI/MI

Bridgeport:

BC/BSU

uMass/Quinnipiac 

swap UMD and MI and you are done!

LSSU/BU

SCSU/MI

WI/UMD

Bridgeport:

BC/BSU

uMass/Quinnipiac

now will the committee Jack around with this bracket due to travel, etc...once the smoke clears from the back room and you can see the red leather chairs, we will know!

Like what I see here!

Chris Dilks bracketology. Definitely agree that UND has earned the right to face the weakest team in the field which is St. Lawrence.

Loveland Regional

#1 Minnesota vs. #4 Lake Superior State

#2 St. Cloud State vs. #3 Boston University

Fargo Regional

#1 North Dakota vs. #4 St. Lawrence

#2 Minnesota State vs. #3 Minnesota Duluth

Bridgeport Regional

#1 Boston College vs. #4 American International

#2 Michigan vs. #3 Quinnipiac

Albany Regional

#1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Providence

#2 UMass vs. #3 Omaha

I'm already feeling angry because I don't anticipate us actually getting to play St. Lawrence... I doubt the committee will maintain bracket integrity and use covid as an excuse.  The west regional will be stacked and the east regioanls will be wimpy is my prediction. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

So here it goes....start with quality win adjusted RPI and then add or subtract bonuses based on strength of conference.  NCHC gets +.03, Hockey East and Big10 gets +.02, ECAC and WCHA get no adjustment, Atlantic get -.03.

your top 16 teams in order: 

UND, Mankato, Minny, BC, UMass, WI, SCSU, LSSU, BU, UMD, Michigan, BGSU, AIC, BSU, Quinnipiac, Omaha.

so, pressure test the conference factors.  I think we’ve been too generous with the WCHA with them getting 4 into the top 16.  So let’s go to PWR to compare teams in same conference.  This gets really hairy between BGSU and BSU.  BGSU has the better PWR, but BSU won the season series head to head.  BGSU also never beat Mankato nor LSSU.  Therefore Bemidji is in, BGSU is out.

St Lawrence is the 16 seed with a losing record, but an autobid out of a decimated conference. 

so now I have: UND, Mankato, Minny, BC, UMass, WI, SCSU, LSSU, BU, UMD, Michigan,AIC, BSU, Quinnipiac, Omaha, St Lawrence

ive got 4 NCHC, 3 Hockey East, 3 Big 10, 3 WCHA, 2 ECAC, and 1 Atlantic.

that corresponds pretty well with my conference point adjuster, the only real argument here is does CT or Providence bounce Bemidji?  CT has a losing record.  They are out.  Providence went 11-9-5, BSU went 15-9-3.  I’m giving it to the Beavers.

Again pressure testing my adjusters, I think you swap positions of AIC and Quinnipiac.  I also think Minnesota’s BiG10 title boosts them ahead of Mankato.  Therefore my 16 seeds in order:  UND, Minny, Mankato, BC, UMass, WI, SCSU, LSSU, BU, UMD, Michigan, Quinnipiac, BSU, AIC, Omaha, St Lawrence.  

Exactly as I predicted them. Bemidji in, Providence out. 

56 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Chris Dilks bracketology. Definitely agree that UND has earned the right to face the weakest team in the field which is St. Lawrence.

Loveland Regional

#1 Minnesota vs. #4 Lake Superior State

#2 St. Cloud State vs. #3 Boston University

Fargo Regional

#1 North Dakota vs. #4 St. Lawrence

#2 Minnesota State vs. #3 Minnesota Duluth

Bridgeport Regional

#1 Boston College vs. #4 American International

#2 Michigan vs. #3 Quinnipiac

Albany Regional

#1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Providence

#2 UMass vs. #3 Omaha

So if there is an ounce of bracket integrity, he has moved Mankato to the overall 8th seed...for the team that is #1 in the PWR, won the regular season in their conference, and had 20+ wins....

13 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

So if there is an ounce of bracket integrity, he has moved Mankato to the overall 8th seed...for the team that is #1 in the PWR, won the regular season in their conference, and had 20+ wins....

Bracket integrity is out the window this year as some how a 3 hour bus ride is deemed safer than a 3 hour flight. 

• Upvote 1