SiouxSports.com Forum

UND versus NDSU - 1st DIV I Conference Game 2020 Rona moved to 2021 @ Manure Pit - RIVALRY?

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

Trust the Fighting Hawks to Cover the Spread

The oddsmakers had a difficult time with this game, because it still isn’t known who will start at quarterback for NDSU.

The total for this game looks like it belongs to a different sport at only 36.5. The odds makers are expecting a low scoring affair and you should too. A rivalry game short on points? Take the 3.5 points and run. The smart money is on North Dakota to keep this one close and possibly even pull off the upset.

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/ncaaf/north-dakota-north-dakota-state-odds-spread-how-to-watch-march-20-2021/

22 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Bizon have a 2 game winning streak, Hawks have a 4.

But but but, 
Bizon have a  31 game home winning streak.

BREAK THE STREAK on SATURDAY.

Never Break Your Streak Again: Our Best Tips For How To Succeed At Even The  Most Inconvenient of #OhmHours

Yesss...stay disciplined, with little to no penalties or turnovers...

5 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am afraid that our defense was exposed the last game. There were times we just couldn’t stop them. 

And this week facing self proclaimed freshman Superman.  And, 3.5 point dogs.  I think the D will bounce back a little on Saturday.  I am pissed just thinking about it.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The Gridiron Expert
Will the Fighting Hawks, who have been a major surprise this season, hand their in state rival their second loss of the season?

He thinks we're playing for the Nickel, but may have most of the rest right.           Length 13:44

That was a good listen 

7 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The Gridiron Expert
Will the Fighting Hawks, who have been a major surprise this season, hand their in state rival their second loss of the season?

He thinks we're playing for the Nickel, but may have most of the rest right.           Length 13:44

Interesting take on tomorrow’s game.  Zeb will start.  All the pressure is on Zeb and the Bison team and coaching staff. 

A Bison loss in this game creates likely long term changes in FCS landscape.

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The Gridiron Expert

Could someone drop this on bisonville? Some heads would explode and El Chapo would have a complete meltdown. If anyone wants to go to the game, apparently he can't find anyone to even give his tickets away to. Apparently #2 vs #4 is the equivalent of playing Drake for him. Its just too funny how upset someone can get over their rival (oh, I'm not supposed to say that) getting a little bit of success.

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Interesting take on tomorrow’s game.  Zeb will start.  All the pressure is on Zeb and the Bison team and coaching staff. 

A Bison loss in this game creates likely long term changes in FCS landscape.

If Zeb starts, I'm gonna be pissed lol.

Not sure what long term changes result from a single regular season football game though. 

41 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

If Zeb starts, I'm gonna be pissed lol.

Not sure what long term changes result from a single regular season football game though. 

Yeah, I'm not prepared to say 1 game completely changes the landscape of fcs football, but it does add some intrigue to the league and certainly won't help NDSU long term. A good UND season is far from setting ourselves up for a decade of success, but it is a step in the right direction. A sweep over the Dakota schools, combined with an overall different kind of season for NDSU can help level the playing field a bit on recruiting, but the Bison are still the Bison. You don't erase a decade of success with 1 bad season.

The way I see it, NDSU has two opportunities: First, you can turn the season around starting tomorrow and make a run. Second, you turn this thing around in the Fall, and if you are successful there, then this spring is quickly forgotten. On the flip side, if you see a bad spring and a bad fall season, you will likely have a new coach, and lose some significant recruiting ground, especially in the region.

My first Bison game was ‘70 at Memorial Stadium – we lost 20-3, it hurt.
First game at Dacotah Field in ‘71, Bison #1 nation, rainy, we won 23-7, ecstatic.

Speed dial to today, UND vs NDSU
62-47-3 overall
10-5 in last 15 games.

The mafia have the Bison favored by a FG. GF Herald’s Miller claims we lose, while the Fargo bait clickers predict the visitors get the W. Isn’t that a little quirky? I’m thinking it’ll only be a rivalry game if we win, for if we lose – Bison arrogance still rides?

My take, swinging much more towards UND today. We did it convincingly 50 years ago on the road, doing it again. We are going to bring about a local change in the guard tomorrow.

I’ve been sticking with Zeb (cuz experience) all week, posted so in fist page here. He’ll be taking the first snap of the game. He’ll hand off and pass, but won’t accomplish much. Bison D gets a turnover resulting in an offensive run TD, latter in the half a FG. We’ll run in two TD’s. Both defenses play well.

Tommy takes the first snap of the second half and marches the offense for a score by Otis. Home field advantage will slide over to the Hawks as the home town fans become restless and the players sense it. Miller comes in, in the 3rd, struggles. Bison get one running TD and one sack. Hawks get 4 sacks, one interception. OL pushes. Hawks gets a passing & a running TD, and a FG.      

I'll be there!. Game will not be an anomaly moving forward.

• Upvote 1