SiouxSports.com Forum

UND versus NDSU - 1st DIV I Conference Game 2020 Rona moved to 2021 @ Manure Pit - RIVALRY?

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

10 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I know exactly the shirt you speak of. I think it read something like “they built it, they paid for it, we own it.”  UND actually won the first 3 games in the dome, and went 4-1 during the Division II era.

Amen.  Would love for someone to post a pic.   I loved that shirt and what it represented.  I think I saw a photo in the Herald.  Calling Tom Miller.   find that photo.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

I just finish watching a replay of the ISU vs NDSU on ESPN+.  Bison were very fortunate.  Bison returned a punt and block an xp or kt would have been a 14-14 tie and going to OT.  

I like our odds.

Plus does anyone have a T Shirt that was made in the late 90's that some UND players had made that said something lime UND owns the Dome.  Because I believe UND won the first two games in the Dome.   Still leads 4-3 in the FargoDome.

I owned that shirt as a kid. I was going through boxes this summer and found some old UND stuff, but not that shirt. Now I'm wondering what ever happened to it. 

Small town has two graduates playing key roles in pivotal Missouri Valley Football Conference matchup

Jackson Hankey, left, and Adam Zavalney were multi-sport stars at Park River High School (N.D.). Submitted photo
Jackson Hankey, left, and Adam Zavalney were multi-sport stars at Park River High School (N.D.). Submitted photo

https://www.jamestownsun.com/sports/football/6943638-UND-vs.-NDSU-could-also-double-as-Park-River-Day-in-the-state-of-North-Dakota
or, new link in.
https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/6943638-UND-vs.-NDSU-could-also-double-as-Park-River-Day-in-the-state-of-North-Dakota

• Like 1

"They protect him," Entz said of Schuster, who has only been sacked once in four games. "You watch film and there's very little drop-back pass. It's a moving pocket with nakeds, screen game, three-step drops. They're trying to get the ball out of his hands. There's nothing wrong with second-and-5. Coach (Bubba) Schweigert does a nice job making sure they know it's not bad to punt.

"They're really good. I think that high ranking — I know some people have them first in the country — they've probably earned it. They have improved play up front on the offensive line. Otis (Weah) is back and is a tremendous downhill runner and can make you miss. They have a solid wide receiver corps and tight ends. The defense isn't very big but coach (Brett) Holinka does enough things to always try to change your picture on your quarterback late pre-snap."

UND football Week 5 primer: How to watch, injuries to know and how the No. 2 Hawks match up to No. 4 North Dakota State (yahoo.com)

12 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

I've seen WSPN + and Midco.  I'm confused though, why isn't it on KVLY?  I thought all NDSU games were on channel 11.......

I'm pretty sure the game is on kvly. The poster asked for viewing options for people who weren't local

12 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I owned that shirt as a kid. I was going through boxes this summer and found some old UND stuff, but not that shirt. Now I'm wondering what ever happened to it. 

I had that shirt as well.

Does anyone remember the "Joe Toth" shirts? Had one of those as well.

7 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

This is going to sound petty, but the Midco pre-game hosts are wearing masks, while there are at least two pairs of the KVLY pre-game crew (field and booth) who aren't.  And the Midco guys just look plain silly.  And their muffled voices are ridiculous.

Advantage:  NDSU

Sorry but Midco>KVLY