SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

15 hours ago, SooToo said:

Down at NDAC -- granted, probably 4 degrees warmer on a January day -- I think they've had two players depart in the last couple of years, and clearly they have talent that might find a place at a larger program. I may be wrong, but I don't recall hearing of any players in the transfer portal at USD or SDSU. Maybe the rich culture and exciting night life of Vermillion and Brookings keeps them around?

Not even close to accurate.
NDSU has had 5 player leave just this year. Prior to that, this past offseason, their likely starting PG left. The year before, their 6th man left. A couple years ago, their starting PG who had started almost 50 games his freshman/sophomore year transferred.

Here's a reference to what's happened just in the Summit so far:

• Upvote 3

I agree, it's a new age.  I say let the players choose.  Nobody needs to be a good guy or a bad guy.  Everyone has their reason for choosing the path they go down. I wish all the players success and please remember it really comes down to your education.  You have a wonderful opportunity don't waste it.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Are you sure that you don't have an issue with him?

I mean, maybe he's an issue but considering his track record, I would tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. 6 years at Black Hills State, turned them into a winner. 9 years at Northern State, turned them into a winner. He wasn't job hopping and no reports of kids leaving the program.

I'm not opposed to questioning him but I'd be curious on hearing what some of these supposed issues are. Tyree is the only real loss I'm concerned about (albeit a big one) but he felt like he should have went to a bigger school from the get-go and with this year's rules, he may be able to play next year and still have 5 years to play 4 where ever he goes.

Just an outsider looking in, that's all.  1989 has no axe to grind, whatsoever.  :whistling:

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Given his situation, nothing that Sather could do.  Rebraca had to leave.

Armacost needs to worry more about these situations and getting kids back in class face to face instead of sticking his nose non-UND related issues. 

From his Twitter explanation not sure how this can be blamed on Covid.

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Armacost needs to worry more about these situations and getting kids back in class face to face instead of sticking his nose non-UND related issues. 

From his Twitter explanation not sure how this can be blamed on Covid.

Fair, I made an unfair assumption that it was COVID related decision for that program.

it doesn’t make it any less sucky. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

UND has moved plenty of its grad programs to mainly online well before Covid. I think the bigger issue (in this instance) is the US government's rule. 

I also wouldn't call releasing a statement, which part of was used to emphasize UND's commitment to inclusion in light of current events "sticking his nose into non-UND related issues" but whatever I guess. It's a press release.

Right on cue......well played.

After reading through both DAE and A. Moody's twitter feeds, I am thinking neither was a huge loss.  I was pretty excited to finally get a couple ND kids at UND when they signed.  Upon further review, ND kids may not be the asset I once thought they were..........

• Upvote 2