SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Could be another long season for Denver, losing both Jones and Townsend.

I could see a very similar situation happening to DU that happened to WIU last year.  Hines Jr also in the portal and he was their 3rd best player and one of the better freshman in the conference. 

Were hearing number of players are returning for the coming year and UND said earlier there would be no additional money for these returning players in scholarships. The question i have is what are other schools in Summit conference doing on this in regard with their athletic programs. Will we see some of schools having additional resources or is conference going to be like UND.

40 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So watching the end of the year pressure, Sather mentioned that any decision about Panoam won't be made until players return from spring break (which I am guessing starts after Friday correct?)

I just watched the presser. Yes spring break starts Friday. Man, I feel for Sather and I guess really any coach in the country but recruiting right now has to be so difficult with the dead period. 

21 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I just watched the presser. Yes spring break starts Friday. Man, I feel for Sather and I guess really any coach in the country but recruiting right now has to be so difficult with the dead period. 

This is going to be the messiest offseason in terms of recruiting and transfers (could get even messier if the NCAA does the one free transfer for the 21-22 season).  I wonder if the NCAA had to do it again, would they have given free year waiver for winter sports?

52 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I believe these 4 hold the key to next year. 

Ihenacho, Sims, Sueker, and Nero.

If this group can take a collective step, they can be in the mix.  The question is, how much growth can they get?

They need a shooter to step up.  UND took off once Panoam came off the bench and started scoring from 3.  Not sure were that is going to come from??

20 hours ago, FSSD said:

They need a shooter to step up.  UND took off once Panoam came off the bench and started scoring from 3.  Not sure were that is going to come from??

The good news is that both Bruns and Grant can shoot it very well from 3.  How fast those two can get acquitted to D1 speed will be important.

I have a good feeling that Sueker isn't going to shoot 25% from 3 again.  I think he will bounce back to his levels back at Mines, where he was shooting near 40% from 3.   I think this staff still wants to pair him and Rebraca in the starting lineup.  This would allow Sims to slide back to the 3 spot. 

I think Nero can improve his shooting a little more, as well as Sims.  I'd like to see all three of them take a step and be more consistent.  

For Tyree, its developing his jump shot (I hope he can add that mid-range shot like Marlon and Q did) and shooting the ball better from the free throw line.  Can he make the next step to stardom in the Summit?

I guess a long story short:  Instead of one particular person stepping up, I think a group of players need to step up and improve their shooting.  I chose those 4 because I believe that this is the quickest way for UND to improve and get closer to the projected top 3 of SDSU/NDSU/ORU 

• 2 weeks later...