SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So in the preferred qualifications, this is listed

• Master's Degree.
  • Experience coaching basketball at the NCAA Division I level.
  • Experience in the Summit League as a player or a coach.
  • Experience with collegiate recruiting in the upper Midwest Region.
  • Experience with fundraising.

So who would this fit?

Is there a former player of Sather's that fits this.  Just a guess.

53 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Tyree Ihenacho ends up at James Madison. Not what I would have expected.

https://www.dnronline.com/sports/dukes-add-transfer-guard-ihenacho/article_384bed10-be7d-5ea5-ab69-09df0a9ab89e.html

Article says he wants a better community around him ? good luck to him but that's a lateral move in my opinion. We need guys that want to be here.   I just hope it's not the coach and it's the players he recruited 

10 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

https://www.dnronline.com/sports/dukes-add-transfer-guard-ihenacho/article_384bed10-be7d-5ea5-ab69-09df0a9ab89e.html

Article says he wants a better community around him ? good luck to him but that's a lateral move in my opinion. We need guys that want to be here.   I just hope it's not the coach and it's the players he recruited 

If UND hadn't provided his only scholarship offer, he would have been still hanging around his Prior Lake "community"!!

• Like 1

I was looking at Sather's staff at Northern State University and i see one of his assistant stayed there but did not become part of the new staff. He lived in Aberdeen and was teacher there for thirty years so i am thinking he could take full retirement from there now and do the assistant coaching job. I see has masters degree, was assistant coach for 28 years, worked on recruiting and scouting under Sather. He would check alot of the boxes for requirements for the assistant coaching job.

12 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Brendan Howard is now signed.  

We are adding some SIZE.  

I'm starting to get excited again. 

Two spots left:  Room for Wagstaff and Mushila?

If this happens. Sather did one hell of a job reloading.  Probably at a higher level.

I was looking at verbal commits see we still have 3 open scholarships left to offer with several offers to different players. Looks like we have already gotten bigger than last year and with open scholarships this team is not fully structured. The players we lost this year so far they either have made lateral transfer or step down a division.  The one i would say that i will miss most is Ihenacho because i think he could have developed into quite star player. The thing i don't understand is the move to James Madison team already stocked with starting guards all returning for the coming year. There he will have to fight for playing time and if he gets hurt or nicked up like he did last year he may find hard time getting back on the court. Here at UND he would almost guaranteed himself playing time to develop into the star player it will be interesting see how this transfer pans out in the future. I am thinking that the various recruits Sather is putting together will have more than enough talent to develop competitive team for the coming year and with team being able to workout before the season starts they could be further along than this past season before next season.  We are going to miss Rebraca having that experience he gave us last year and would have again this coming year is hard to replace and will take time to get this from new players coming in. The key going forward will be we need to have players buy in to developing a good team we can't have this mass transferring every year and if that becomes the norm for mid major basketball we will not see quality of the basketball we have seen in the past. This past year nothing seems to be normal anymore and if this new normal alot of the institutions and values we have come to accept will not survive.