SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

I know it’s very easy to look at Northern State and wonder if anyone that hits the transfer portal will end up here. I am doubting Parker Fox is much of an option but I think Mason Stark could be a possibility. Good shooter, somethings that’s needed. 

13 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I know it’s very easy to look at Northern State and wonder if anyone that hits the transfer portal will end up here. I am doubting Parker Fox is much of an option but I think Mason Stark could be a possibility. Good shooter, somethings that’s needed. 

He would be a great add to the shooting department (along with the incoming recruits), UND should be much better shooting the 3 ball next year (plus I expect some improvement from our returners).  

UND needs to add a PG now unless Ihenacho changes his mind and comes back (a la Umude). Nero is more of a 2 but could do it if asked.    

The portal is going to be insane this year, no question about it.  The worst thing, any 2021 HS senior who isn't committed right now might have a tough go of it for a spot somewhere.

I wonder if the NCAA had to do it over again, would they have given everyone that extra year?

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

I hope he stays.  He came on strong at the end of the year.

Its funny how every couple of years we have that one senior that manages to put it all together and we wish they had that one more year.  

Wilmer in 2013

Walter in 2020

now Panoam in 2021.

This time however, there is that chance.  

I think it has to do with what NCAA did this year giving a year and no sitting when you transfer. I got to believe Ihenacho is got to be thinking of  going to the Minnesota playing at home. Also you look at where UND is at we were 5 in the Summit  NDSU and SDSU look to be returning there top seven players and both have some highly reguarded recruits coming in its going to be hard to advance much.  If Oral Roberts keeps it two top players they are going to be a third power house in conference. So i think some these kids are looking to move to where they can play or be on winner or power 5 conference team. On the Women's side we just went through 2 win season and if you have doubts about the program its perfect time to move on and find program that looks to have chance to win. Were in total rebuild now it looks like and it going to take 3 to 4 years to get there and if i was Zander would you want to play your career out never having opportunity to play on winner. There may be more factors also going on but that's what you get when you change coaches it takes time to build a program up so far the men haven't dropped so far down but on the womens side we have gone from 20 win team to 2 win team in four year span.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I think it has to do with what NCAA did this year giving a year and no sitting when you transfer. I got to believe Ihenacho is got to be thinking of  going to the Minnesota playing at home. Also you look at where UND is at we were 5 in the Summit  NDSU and SDSU look to be returning there top seven players and both have some highly reguarded recruits coming in its going to be hard to advance much.  If Oral Roberts keeps it two top players they are going to be a third power house in conference. So i think some these kids are looking to move to where they can play or be on winner or power 5 conference team. On the Women's side we just went through 2 win season and if you have doubts about the program its perfect time to move on and find program that looks to have chance to win. Were in total rebuild now it looks like and it going to take 3 to 4 years to get there and if i was Zander would you want to play your career out never having opportunity to play on winner. There may be more factors also going on but that's what you get when you change coaches it takes time to build a program up so far the men haven't dropped so far down but on the womens side we have gone from 20 win team to 2 win team in four year span.

If there was an off season to be in full rebuild mode this is it.  I think all gaps can be filled pretty quickly, a coach just has to do a good job finding pieces that gel.  Maybe also having difficult conversations with some and telling them it’s time to move on.  There will not be enough spots for all the D1 and maybe more importantly top D2 transfers this year.  

5 minutes ago, homer said:

If there was an off season to be in full rebuild mode this is it.  I think all gaps can be filled pretty quickly, a coach just has to do a good job finding pieces that gel.  Maybe also having difficult conversations with some and telling them it’s time to move on.  There will not be enough spots for all the D1 and maybe more importantly top D2 transfers this year.  

The portal/extra year is causing chaos on all levels.  Lots of talent is out there and could get shafted if they don’t move quickly. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2021 at 9:13 PM, UNDBIZ said:

Lol at historic. DAE never lived up to expectations and now he never will. 

Poor kid thought he'd probably never end up back in North Dakota.  Heck, I thought after he bolted Williston and threw his entire team under the bus on the way out he'd never be back. 

This has me worried. I know its a weird year with new rules and such. I was on the fence hiring Sather in the first place but thought anything was better then the Jones mess that we put up with for a long time. Did not like the thought of hiring a D2 coach. If he keeps getting kids like Danielson this team is gonna be in trouble. Sather has a lot of work to do this offseason so lets hope he gets it done or we are gonna be a bottom feeder for years to come in the summit.

1 minute ago, GoHawks said:

This has me worried. I know its a weird year with new rules and such. I was on the fence hiring Sather in the first place but thought anything was better then the Jones mess that we put up with for a long time. Did not like the thought of hiring a D2 coach. If he keeps getting kids like Danielson this team is gonna be in trouble. Sather has a lot of work to do this offseason so lets hope he gets it done or we are gonna be a bottom feeder for years to come in the summit.

Let’s just hope that he’s not given the leash Jones was if things don’t change.