SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

After reading through both DAE and A. Moody's twitter feeds, I am thinking neither was a huge loss.  I was pretty excited to finally get a couple ND kids at UND when they signed.  Upon further review, ND kids may not be the asset I once thought they were..........

Agreed and I was a supporter of local kids playing here.   Really shows no class PR did it the right way by explaining why he left. Class act and im gonna miss him playing.   That one leaving was a tough one for me... I think he did alot for the community too. 

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Armacost needs to worry more about these situations and getting kids back in class face to face instead of sticking his nose non-UND related issues. 

From his Twitter explanation not sure how this can be blamed on Covid.

I agree on this.  Armacost  needs to focus on UND.

11 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Not even close to accurate.
NDSU has had 5 player leave just this year. Prior to that, this past offseason, their likely starting PG left. The year before, their 6th man left. A couple years ago, their starting PG who had started almost 50 games his freshman/sophomore year transferred.

Here's a reference to what's happened just in the Summit so far:

You are correct. You could tell when Kabellis left 3 years ago, Richman was caught off guard and pissed. He really liked him and the way he played but I think he got homesick for California. Geu and Hunter were both mutually agreed on departures. Both were frequently in and out of Richman's doghouse and it was time to move on. The 3 this year were deep bench players and probably wouldn't have seen the floor next year. That being said, I would not be a bit surprised to see another one or two leave this year who are key contributors. 

As watching UND MBB from the outside, I think Sather is a huge upgrade over Jones and seems like a good coach and a good person and someone kids would want to play for. I personally think the one time immediate transfer rule is terrible for mid-major basketball and FCS and G5 FB. 

According to GF Herald they say Summit has lost almost 30 players to transfer this year alone this is going to be huge loss of talent gone from the league or future talent from the league.  also there are 881 players transferring now  accounting for nearly 20% of the players switching teams in division I programs.  This even before the NCAA tournament is only half over how many more players are going to be transferring. But getting back to UND Sather is now in total rebuild for next year and what is direction does he go is college transfer or does he go the high school route.  He tried both last year and he has lost 3 of his last year recruits with only Sueker  and Daniels remaining of his recruits.  Rebraca tweet about Sather confirms there other reason's for kids leaving the program which has to get back to either University or present state in men's college basketball. I think its combination of both in that kids that they have big time talent its hard for them not to believe they might have better chance of showing there talents in larger market and also living in larger community where they feel they have chance to play in front of national audience not for just game in NCAA tournament but for season and even to make a run in the tournament. Then some transferring its just transferring to place where they will get more playing time because if your competitive you want to play not sit the bench and practice every day to sit the bench. It seems the other Dakota schools have kept their cores in place so far and are in best shape for next year.  I got to believe these transfers has thrown monkey wrench into Sather's plan to build the program and he is got to be wondering how he should do it with how players are not committed to program for more than year.  

49 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

The ncaa needs to make it harder to transfer - this is insane

We have swung to the opposite end of the spectrum.  It wasn't that long ago where it was hard to students to transfers without having to sit a year unless they were a grad transfer or had a sick parent (but don't tell that one to Jaron Nash).  People have been crying for years about players freedoms to move.  Now the players have/going to get it (the one free transfer)

The extra year is also causing chaos.  Think of Tyree right now, he still has the regular 4 years to play and already has a full year of starting under is belt.  

9 hours ago, ND-fan said:

According to GF Herald they say Summit has lost almost 30 players to transfer this year alone this is going to be huge loss of talent gone from the league or future talent from the league.  also there are 881 players transferring now  accounting for nearly 20% of the players switching teams in division I programs.  This even before the NCAA tournament is only half over how many more players are going to be transferring. But getting back to UND Sather is now in total rebuild for next year and what is direction does he go is college transfer or does he go the high school route.  He tried both last year and he has lost 3 of his last year recruits with only Sueker  and Daniels remaining of his recruits.  Rebraca tweet about Sather confirms there other reason's for kids leaving the program which has to get back to either University or present state in men's college basketball. I think its combination of both in that kids that they have big time talent its hard for them not to believe they might have better chance of showing there talents in larger market and also living in larger community where they feel they have chance to play in front of national audience not for just game in NCAA tournament but for season and even to make a run in the tournament. Then some transferring its just transferring to place where they will get more playing time because if your competitive you want to play not sit the bench and practice every day to sit the bench. It seems the other Dakota schools have kept their cores in place so far and are in best shape for next year.  I got to believe these transfers has thrown monkey wrench into Sather's plan to build the program and he is got to be wondering how he should do it with how players are not committed to program for more than year.  

Nero and Bergan were also his recruits from last year. 

SDSU and NDSU have.  We don't know about USD yet (Umude) and given that USD just signed a grad transfer from Wisconsin, they are not high on AJ playing anytime soon. 

*Edit: now Umude is in the portal.  

On 3/25/2021 at 5:32 AM, CMSioux said:

Hope the best for Sims, JUCOs come with baggage and issues. Fortunately replacing 6 points and 4 rebounds per game should not be difficult.

really thought he would patrick mitchell'ish...good player but not hard to replace...tyree and fil...sucks they might leave

I got to believe he's leaving to play else where he will get some playing time because he can see that Sather will have to bring in portal transfers and with that is going to be guaranteed playing time. To me he's got to do some growing before he can play at this level wouldn't be surprised he drops down a level to division II gets playing time and experience to develop. He still has 4 years of eligibility left with year of practice time at division I level. This is going to get interesting because we could still see players entering portal yet before next year. This going look like musical chairs but i am afraid some of these kids may not find a chair to sit on before next season starts. I would also hate to be kid coming out of high school now alot of these kids are going to be recruited only for walk on basis with number people transferring this season.