SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/basketball/6988417-UND-mens-basketball-starts-to-address-scoring-needs-with-verbal-of-Snow-College-guard

I like that he can play all 3 positions, given another person to run point when needed but guess he plays mostly the 2/3 spot.  

Most important:  3 years left, not the usual 2 because of the extra year.  Love it. 

This is pretty much lateral move on his part and they have made NCAA tournament lately but under different coach but so had UND once in same time. Attendance may be 1000 more per game and big difference here this school has no football or hockey so basketball is king on this campus. I don't know but speculating this may be move because of location of the school closer to bigger metropolitan area to live than Grand Forks based he came from bigger city environment. I could be totally wrong reason on this but this transfer sure wasn't on playing at higher level.

14 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

This is pretty much lateral move on his part and they have made NCAA tournament lately but under different coach but so had UND once in same time. Attendance may be 1000 more per game and big difference here this school has no football or hockey so basketball is king on this campus. I don't know but speculating this may be move because of location of the school closer to bigger metropolitan area to live than Grand Forks based he came from bigger city environment. I could be totally wrong reason on this but this transfer sure wasn't on playing at higher level.

Climate is just a tad warmer also, which could easily play a role for those who aren’t used to NoDak winters.

24 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Climate is just a tad warmer also, which could easily play a role for those who aren’t used to NoDak winters.

when his degree says UNO instead of UND he'll be wondering why he didn't stick it out for a couple of years up North.....

und>uno degree

On 4/17/2021 at 1:02 PM, FSSD said:

Interesting, Summit League to Southland horizontal move at best.  Best of luck to DAE.

Downward.  The Southland is losing their best schools next year.  It was already a terrible basketball conference and will be worse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Siouxfan1989 said:

Who do they lose?

SFA, Lamar, Abilene Christian, and Sam Houston are heading to the revived WAC conference.

SFA has been a Southland power, AC is a newer kid on the block, making the last 2 NCAAs Sam Houston has been pretty solid. Lamar has been so-so.

So they are losing quite a bit of established star power.

47 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

UND is looking for a new Assistant coach to replace Danijel Mihailovic  .

https://www.grandforksherald.com/incoming/6988540-Valley-to-Summit-UND-posts-mens-basketball-assistant-job

The article also mentions that Brandon McKissic, from UMKC, found a new home with the Florida Gators.  

Darn, I liked Dani.  Hope he does well in his future stop.

So who gets brought in?  

So in the preferred qualifications, this is listed

• Master's Degree.
  • Experience coaching basketball at the NCAA Division I level.
  • Experience in the Summit League as a player or a coach.
  • Experience with collegiate recruiting in the upper Midwest Region.
  • Experience with fundraising.

So who would this fit?

58 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

• Master's Degree.

So who would this fit?

olegibi ?

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

• Master's Degree.

So who would this fit?

I was wondering if Carson Shanks may be a fit or Aaron Anderson but not sure if he is finished with his professional career.