SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Folks.... Tyree is in the portal

Verbal Commits

That really sucks!  UND took a chance on Tyree (just like they did with Crandall a few years ago) when others didn't.  Many didn't think he would be eligible as a freshman.  UND brought him in, gave him guidance, saw that he had good academic assistance, etc.  After that, he decides to walk!!!!!  I guess he didn't learn anything about integrity!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

That really sucks!  UND took a chance on Tyree (just like they did with Crandall a few years ago) when others didn't.  Many didn't think he would be eligible as a freshman.  UND brought him in, gave him guidance, saw that he had good academic assistance, etc.  After that, he decides to walk!!!!!  I guess he didn't learn anything about integrity!  

Geno got a pass from many in my mind. 

4 minutes ago, Siouxfan1989 said:

We still thinking sather is getting the job done? 

1 conference championship appearance in 2 years. I’m not going to say he’s getting the job done but you have to give a coach AT LEAST 3 years. He wasn’t my first choice, I personally really wanted Ben McCollum, but I’m not writing Sather off yet. Not to mention coaching during a pandemic. 

10 minutes ago, Siouxfan1989 said:

We still thinking sather is getting the job done? 

Players transfer all the time now days no matter who the coach is.  NCAA making it super easy doesn't necessarily help either.  Sather will bring in some decent transfers and odds are they will be just as "good" as Tyree.  I'd like to focus on UND setting up a normal D1 home schedule before bashing the coach.

5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Players transfer all the time now days no matter who the coach is.  NCAA making it super easy doesn't necessarily help either.  Sather will bring in some decent transfers and odds are they will be just as "good" as Tyree.  I'd like to focus on UND setting up a normal D1 home schedule before bashing the coach.

Sather has had two historic freshman and lost both, they don’t come around every year.

18 minutes ago, Siouxfan1989 said:

DAE averaged 14 and 5 as a frosh and owns the freshman scoring record at the school while tyree got foty. These are pretty gods freshman IMO

dae wasn't as good as promised no matter what the stats say...he had huge holes in his game...tyree...different story...solid everywhere but the ft line...

47 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Welcome to the new normal.

Exactly.  Guys see the chance to possibly play in the Big Dance and figure they can find an easier way to get there.  It isn’t really a great situation for the smaller programs or ones that aren’t competitive. At some point it might hurt the overall fanbase for college basketball, and other sports as well. Help develop a player and lose him or her to a better program.