SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

No you missed the point.  Everybody seems to say Sather is not getting it done.  You could Jones was lost after two seasons.

No I understood the point I just thought it was a good opportunity for a Jones comment. See the wink. 

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNtBkoUBw9p/?igshid=1jn2q269b5huw This Instagram shows how depleted our roster is. Sueker, G, Brady, Caleb, E and Bentiu. 3 on 3 practice?

I am available if they need a 6ft 4 in 265 lbs old body who would stay at one end of the court for scrimmages. Am vertical challenged-might be able to touch the net but am not quick either

On 4/5/2021 at 1:21 PM, ND-fan said:

I thought the article that Grand Forks Herald had Rebraca was good and explained his reason for his transfer. It also showed he was using his basketball talent to get max amount of education he could get. The sad part is you hate to loose individuals like him from your team because that is type of player everyone is looking for. I am happy for him and appreciate the effort time he spent here in North Dakota. Also i believe him that coach Sather has been good coach but times are changing with how players are more now in control of their college careers in the past. Like I have said in other posts there are number of reasons were having players transfer and each player have their reasons which we may never know. The transfer process is much easier than in past and with no waiting period to play players can move freely and has no effect on their basketball career or there time spent in college. It just made it much more difficult for mid majors and coaches to build programs but its going to be in the future.

No doubt.  There is a thread every year for hockey titled "Early Departures" on this site.  Might as well get one going every year for basketball because it's going to be the same thing.  I hate the new rule change.  The mid majors are performing at an all time high right now in the tournament.  now, every successful mid major in the tournament will have their best players leave and go to a bigger program.  Even teams that don't make the tournament.  the process is so much easier now.  If you are a kid playing in the Summit League and the Big 10 or the Big 12 offer you a spot on the team, why wouldn't you go!!

• Upvote 1

·
4h

Eikens announcement will be coming very soon. Should happen in a couple of days or so, i've been told.
Quote Tweet

To me the more interesting part of the tweet is Jake Lieberman lists on his twitter account that he is a sophmore in high school.

Illinois State message board is tracking Tyree because of Jones connection to DAE.  Des Moines Register mentioned Rebraca is a target for Iowa.

43 minutes ago, planet2county said:
·
4h

Eikens announcement will be coming very soon. Should happen in a couple of days or so, i've been told.
Quote Tweet

To me the more interesting part of the tweet is Jake Lieberman lists on his twitter account that he is a sophmore in high school.

Illinois State message board is tracking Tyree because of Jones connection to DAE.  Des Moines Register mentioned Rebraca is a target for Iowa.

I noticed that about the kid being a sophomore too. Good for him, something I would have loved doing when I was a sophomore and even now!

9 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

No doubt.  There is a thread every year for hockey titled "Early Departures" on this site.  Might as well get one going every year for basketball because it's going to be the same thing.  I hate the new rule change.  The mid majors are performing at an all time high right now in the tournament.  now, every successful mid major in the tournament will have their best players leave and go to a bigger program.  Even teams that don't make the tournament.  the process is so much easier now.  If you are a kid playing in the Summit League and the Big 10 or the Big 12 offer you a spot on the team, why wouldn't you go!!

The counter to this would be, as Dosch mentioned on twitter, is to hit up those P5 players who might not get the minutes they want and go: say...... come play over here and get more minutes and then beat your old team in the NCAA tournament. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The counter to this would be, as Dosch mentioned on twitter, is to hit up those P5 players who might not get the minutes they want and go: say...... come play over here and get more minutes and then beat your old team in the NCAA tournament. 

Are we having any success with attracting P5 play?

3 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Are we having any success with attracting P5 play?

Nash wasn't too bad a few years back.

Not a P5 but Marlon turned out to be pretty good. 

Its just one way that you can combat it.  Still can grab JUCO players and might have to raid D2. 

13 hours ago, bballfan said:

I agree. It would be nice to get both and they would give us some improved shooting if it carries over to this level. 

The other thing I like about Norman is that he averaged nearly 5 assists a game, that's not too bad.  He has some great range.

I feel they have address their shooting quite well with the incoming recruits and now with Norman.  I also feel that there still can be some internal improvement with Sueker, Nero, and Igbanugo. 

18 hours ago, planet2county said:
·
4h

Quote Tweet

DAE is off to UNO.... That is the University of New Orleans